Sign in with
Your question

Cant download anything exe that will clean my cpu

Last response: in Windows 7
November 8, 2012 2:22:46 PM

i won't to defrag. my computer but when i download the information
i need when the download reaches 100%download a warning pops up and it contained a virus and deletes the download.help

More about : download exe clean cpu

November 8, 2012 2:27:25 PM

samjake said:
i won't to defrag. my computer but when i download the information
i need when the download reaches 100%download a warning pops up and it contained a virus and deletes the download.help

m
l
a b à CPUs
November 8, 2012 2:28:44 PM

Start over from the beginning and explain what steps you've taken to defrag your computer, because you don't have to download anything to do it. Windows comes with a defrag utility built in, has for decades. Looks to me like you just installed some malware/scareware.
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 2:41:23 PM

it is the download, not the computer... goto safemode, then try to download it... or install vmware, and run linux in the VM, and then download the program inside the VM, transfer to to your windows desktop, and then run it.

But, you may be SOL.. thus a clean install of your OS may be Necessary...
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 8, 2012 3:09:13 PM

redeye said:
it is the download, not the computer... goto safemode, then try to download it... or install vmware, and run linux in the VM, and then download the program inside the VM, transfer to to your windows desktop, and then run it.

But, you may be SOL.. thus a clean install of your OS may be Necessary...

That's pretty useless advice. If this person is having such trouble just figuring out how to defrag their computer and you tell them to go build a Linux virt, actually use Linux then transfer files from the virt? Methinks you just wanted to look smart by talking about Linux and VMs, and didn't actually think this would be helpful. Anyone comfortable enough with computers to actually do this wouldn't need help with such a trivial task.

Like I said before, it sounds like you're trying to install (or have already installed) some scareware. Probably saw a popup that said your computer needed to be defragged, clicked the link and downloaded what it told you to. This is unbelievably dangerous, as literally 100% of these are scams of some sort, typically that deliver rootkits that are incredibly hard to get rid of.

Without more information, though, there's nothing we can do to help you.
m
l
!