marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HELLO EVERYBODY,

WhaT DO I NEED TO CONNECT THREE LAPTOPS TO EACHOTHER IN A
HOTEL WHERE THEY HAVE WIFI ?

IF ANYONE CAN HELP, THANK YOU.

Lose the CAPs, please. You might want to do a search on Google for ad hoc
networking, or take a look at www.practicallynetworked.com . This newsgroup
supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software, not
networking in general.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELLO EVERYBODY,
>
> WhaT DO I NEED TO CONNECT THREE LAPTOPS TO EACHOTHER IN A
> HOTEL WHERE THEY HAVE WIFI ?
>
> IF ANYONE CAN HELP, THANK YOU.

PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT (use all caps)...

As for your question - you probably cannot connect 3 laptops to each other
using a hotel wifi network since most of those networks
should/would/could/ought-to block filesharing among client machines. I am
assuming here that you are indeed asking about sharing files/folders etc.
among several machines who happen to be connected to the same WiFi network
in the hotel (3 colleagues travelling at the same time perhaps?). Your
question is short on details too:

1. what Operating System - including version?
2. what type of sharing exactly?
3. do you have the ability to connect to the WiFi network or are you asking
how to do that too?

..... to be continued I suppose...