Finding OE messages so I can transfer them

My main PC recently died. The hard drive is fine and I've installed it as an
additional drive (D) in my back up PC. I want to bring the messages from the
'D' drive (the old hard drive) and import them into OE on the C drive so I
can read them. I can't find them. Any help / advice gratefully received

David

"David T" <DavidT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My main PC recently died. The hard drive is fine and I've installed it as
> an
> additional drive (D) in my back up PC. I want to bring the messages from
> the
> 'D' drive (the old hard drive) and import them into OE on the C drive so I
> can read them. I can't find them. Any help / advice gratefully received

They have the extension .dbx and are located at something like C:\Documents
and Settings\David\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{3399E28C-A5C4-4855-B507-89712F8C13B7}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express

Thanks for that .... I'll go look now

"Lee Chapelle" wrote:

> "David T" <DavidT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My main PC recently died. The hard drive is fine and I've installed it as
> > an
> > additional drive (D) in my back up PC. I want to bring the messages from
> > the
> > 'D' drive (the old hard drive) and import them into OE on the C drive so I
> > can read them. I can't find them. Any help / advice gratefully received
>
> They have the extension .dbx and are located at something like C:\Documents
> and Settings\David\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Identities\{3399E28C-A5C4-4855-B507-89712F8C13B7}\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express

Found them ...thhanks .... but where do I put them so they are visible. Do I
look for a similar folder to put them in or can I import them from OE?

"David T" wrote:

> My main PC recently died. The hard drive is fine and I've installed it as an
> additional drive (D) in my back up PC. I want to bring the messages from the
> 'D' drive (the old hard drive) and import them into OE on the C drive so I
> can read them. I can't find them. Any help / advice gratefully received
>
> David

In OE, File, Import, Messages, OE6, OE Store Folder, browse to the hard
drive folder, .....
--
Ron Sommer

> Found them ...thhanks .... but where do I put them so they are visible.
> Do I
> look for a similar folder to put them in or can I import them from OE?
>
> "David T" wrote:
>
>> My main PC recently died. The hard drive is fine and I've installed it
>> as an
>> additional drive (D) in my back up PC. I want to bring the messages from
>> the
>> 'D' drive (the old hard drive) and import them into OE on the C drive so
>> can read them. I can't find them. Any help / advice gratefully received
>>
>> David

Thanks for that .... it says it has imported successfully .... can't see them
though. Do I need to import the folder structure first?

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> In OE, File, Import, Messages, OE6, OE Store Folder, browse to the hard
> drive folder, .....
> --
> Ron Sommer
>
> "David T" <DavidT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Found them ...thhanks .... but where do I put them so they are visible.
> > Do I
> > look for a similar folder to put them in or can I import them from OE?
> >
> > "David T" wrote:
> >
> >> My main PC recently died. The hard drive is fine and I've installed it
> >> as an
> >> additional drive (D) in my back up PC. I want to bring the messages from
> >> the
> >> 'D' drive (the old hard drive) and import them into OE on the C drive so
> >> can read them. I can't find them. Any help / advice gratefully received
> >>
> >> David

Is your View set to Show all messages?
--
Ron Sommer

> Thanks for that .... it says it has imported successfully .... can't see
> them
> though. Do I need to import the folder structure first?
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> In OE, File, Import, Messages, OE6, OE Store Folder, browse to the hard
>> drive folder, .....
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>>
>> "David T" <DavidT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Found them ...thhanks .... but where do I put them so they are visible.
>> > Do I
>> > look for a similar folder to put them in or can I import them from OE?

Yes ... I just checked