Shipping Information

I talked with my Dell salesperson this morning and he told me that my system
that was scheduled to ship on Dec 9 (Next Thursday) WAS shipped this
Saturday, Dec 6. Dell is working weekends to get their systems out ASAP.
After talking with him, I checked the on-line status of my order and sure
enought UPS had been notified to pick up the system and it reflected my
tracking numbers. UPS will pick up my system today and I should have it by
the end of this week or on Monday of next.

Just thought you might like to know of their shipping.

Dimension 8400
1GB 400MHz RAM
80GB HD
19" Ultra Sharp Flat Panel Monitor
3.5"/128MB Memory Key
DVD/CD-RW
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
AS500 Speakers
256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO Graphics Card
Data/Fax modem

Harry

"Harry Gordon" <harry.gordon@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>I talked with my Dell salesperson this morning and he told me that my system
>that was scheduled to ship on Dec 9 (Next Thursday) WAS shipped this
>Saturday, Dec 6.

Interesting calendar y'all are running under in your area. In
the rest of the US, and elsewhere in the world where they use the
Gregorian [aka Christian] calendar, today [Monday] is Dec 6th.

> Dell is working weekends to get their systems out ASAP.
>After talking with him, I checked the on-line status of my order and sure
>enought UPS had been notified to pick up the system and it reflected my
>tracking numbers. UPS will pick up my system today and I should have it by
>the end of this week or on Monday of next.

Tracking orders has always been tricky with Dell, and others who
are efficient in their operations. The computer record can never
keep up with what is actually happening. In Dell's case, as soon
as your computer passed its QA check, it went out the door with
the "daily" shipment of all computers destined for your region.
Via "overnight" air. Where it was delivered to the regional UPS
dock. While the computer is in the UPS shipping system, the
tracking number is not in their "tracking system" - that will
happen later in the day, when all of the tracking numbers for
that batch of Dells has been entered by a clerk.

If you are close enough to the serving airport/regional UPS
facility, your computer will be delivered by noon, and the
tracking number will probably show up in the UPS tracking system
by 5:00 pm. I am close enough [< 20 miles] to the DC area's
Dulles Airport/UPS facility, that this has happened to me with
every Dell I have ever ordered. ;->

[The last one, a D4400, ordered with only S/W mods on Wed PM was
delivered Fri AM - before the order was in either Dell's or UPS's
tracking systems.]
--
OJ III

I ordered mine on Nov 27 with shipping within 3-5 days.
Today the status is "In Production"
and estimated ship date 12/20/2004.
Hope they are being overly pessimistic and it will show up much sooner.
But I am very disappointed.

Brad

"Harry Gordon" <harry.gordon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I talked with my Dell salesperson this morning and he told me that my
>system
> that was scheduled to ship on Dec 9 (Next Thursday) WAS shipped this
> Saturday, Dec 6. Dell is working weekends to get their systems out ASAP.
> After talking with him, I checked the on-line status of my order and sure
> enought UPS had been notified to pick up the system and it reflected my
> tracking numbers. UPS will pick up my system today and I should have it by
> the end of this week or on Monday of next.
>
> Just thought you might like to know of their shipping.
>
> Dimension 8400
> 1GB 400MHz RAM
> 80GB HD
> 19" Ultra Sharp Flat Panel Monitor
> 3.5"/128MB Memory Key
> DVD/CD-RW
> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
> AS500 Speakers
> 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO Graphics Card
> Data/Fax modem
>

> Harry

Brad, what did you order?

Harry

"getsumonya" <conspiracy@theory.com> wrote in message
> I ordered mine on Nov 27 with shipping within 3-5 days.
> Today the status is "In Production"
> and estimated ship date 12/20/2004.
> Hope they are being overly pessimistic and it will show up much sooner.
> But I am very disappointed.
>
> Brad
>
> "Harry Gordon" <harry.gordon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >I talked with my Dell salesperson this morning and he told me that my
> >system
> > that was scheduled to ship on Dec 9 (Next Thursday) WAS shipped this
> > Saturday, Dec 6. Dell is working weekends to get their systems out ASAP.
> > After talking with him, I checked the on-line status of my order and
sure
> > enought UPS had been notified to pick up the system and it reflected my
> > tracking numbers. UPS will pick up my system today and I should have it
by
> > the end of this week or on Monday of next.
> >
> > Just thought you might like to know of their shipping.
> >
> > Dimension 8400
> > 1GB 400MHz RAM
> > 80GB HD
> > 19" Ultra Sharp Flat Panel Monitor
> > 3.5"/128MB Memory Key
> > DVD/CD-RW
> > Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
> > AS500 Speakers
> > 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO Graphics Card
> > Data/Fax modem
> >

> > Harry

42" Plasma TV

> Brad, what did you order?
>
> Harry
>
> "getsumonya" <conspiracy@theory.com> wrote in message
>> I ordered mine on Nov 27 with shipping within 3-5 days.
>> Today the status is "In Production"
>> and estimated ship date 12/20/2004.
>> Hope they are being overly pessimistic and it will show up much sooner.
>> But I am very disappointed.
>>
>> Brad
>>
>> "Harry Gordon" <harry.gordon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> >I talked with my Dell salesperson this morning and he told me that my
>> >system
>> > that was scheduled to ship on Dec 9 (Next Thursday) WAS shipped this
>> > Saturday, Dec 6. Dell is working weekends to get their systems out
>> > ASAP.
>> > After talking with him, I checked the on-line status of my order and
> sure
>> > enought UPS had been notified to pick up the system and it reflected my
>> > tracking numbers. UPS will pick up my system today and I should have it
> by
>> > the end of this week or on Monday of next.
>> >
>> > Just thought you might like to know of their shipping.
>> >
>> > Dimension 8400
>> > 1GB 400MHz RAM
>> > 80GB HD
>> > 19" Ultra Sharp Flat Panel Monitor
>> > 3.5"/128MB Memory Key
>> > DVD/CD-RW
>> > Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
>> > AS500 Speakers
>> > 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO Graphics Card
>> > Data/Fax modem
>> >

>> > Harry

Uhhhhhh..... I told you to get that 19" monitor :))))).

> 42" Plasma TV
>
> "Harry Gordon" <harry.gordon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > Brad, what did you order?
> >
> > Harry
> >
> > "getsumonya" <conspiracy@theory.com> wrote in message
> >> I ordered mine on Nov 27 with shipping within 3-5 days.
> >> Today the status is "In Production"
> >> and estimated ship date 12/20/2004.
> >> Hope they are being overly pessimistic and it will show up much sooner.
> >> But I am very disappointed.
> >>
> >> Brad
> >>
> >> "Harry Gordon" <harry.gordon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > sure
> > by

What!? no sense of humor??? :). I only have 3 calanders on my desk, you'd
think I'd look at one of the wouldn't you??? I had the right day just the
wrong date - Sat, Dec 4th, is the correct date.

And yes, you are right - the reported shipping dates and status updates by
UPS can leave a lot to be desired.

Harry

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Harry Gordon" <harry.gordon@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >I talked with my Dell salesperson this morning and he told me that my
system
> >that was scheduled to ship on Dec 9 (Next Thursday) WAS shipped this
> >Saturday, Dec 6.

<SNIP>