WinTV PVR USB2 Device not recognized

I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
This device return "USB Device not recognized "
I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the same
results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see many
postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about wintv usb2 device recognized

    Is it a USB 2.0 or 1.1 device?

    "Dave" wrote:

    > I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
    > This device return "USB Device not recognized "
    > I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the same
    > results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
    > I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
    > Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
    > The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see many
    > postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
    > I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.
    >
    > Thanks

    Its the Hauppauge USB2 TV Tuner.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:175E4651-5975-4A44-B921-84FD393E426A@microsoft.com...
    > Is it a USB 2.0 or 1.1 device?
    >
    > "Dave" wrote:
    >
    >> I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
    >> This device return "USB Device not recognized "
    >> I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the same
    >> results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
    >> I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
    >> Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
    >> The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see many
    >> postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
    >> I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Yes to both!

    Dave

    --
    Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
    Display\Security
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it a USB 2.0 or 1.1 device?
    >
    > "Dave" wrote:
    >
    >> I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
    >> This device return "USB Device not recognized "
    >> I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the
    >> same
    >> results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
    >> I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
    >> Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
    >> The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see
    >> many
    >> postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
    >> I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    I would suspect a defective device. I have one of these tuners and it works fine on every XP machine here.

    "Dave" <davekstl@charter.net> wrote in message news:ujkKjqwqFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Yes to both!
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Its the Hauppauge USB2 TV Tuner.
    >
    > --
    > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
    > Display\Security
    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > --------------------------------
    > --------------------------------
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Is it a USB 2.0 or 1.1 device?
    >>
    >> "Dave" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
    >>> This device return "USB Device not recognized "
    >>> I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the
    >>> same
    >>> results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
    >>> I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
    >>> Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
    >>> The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see
    >>> many
    >>> postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
    >>> I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

WinTV Devices Windows XP