where are my system restore files stored?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

hi
ive just aqquired a new PB laptop - i was wondering if at some point in the
future i was to change the hard drive, or were to accidentally delete
essential system files on the main c: drive (which is the only one
accessable to me) whether the restore factory settings would work?
where are the files kept? is it a protected partition on the HD or are they
hard-wired into the motherboard these days?
it hints in the manual that the disk may be formatted, but what would happen
if i were to delete the primary dos partition? would the factory restore
work then?

any comments appreciated

Many new computer systems do not come with a restore CD or a windows OS disk
The files needed to restore are on a hidden partition
It keeps prices down and makes Mr Bill happy

If your Hd fails and you have not imaged your HD to a 2nd as a protection
then the problems begin to surface

I noticed a while back that PB had a master CD creator program
It was actually a very simple program

I have access to one that is similar
I used to modify restore disks for new CDROM's and discovered that
there would be a need for a master CD creator and have placed my time
into this endeavor

This item that makes the master Cd is available from me
It is a 20 dollar item
It rquires that you have a CD burner in your system
It will make a master CD if any problem occurs in the future

Mine of course is not officially licensed but is kind of like shareware
I can get you a legally licensed copy for 15 dollars of another programmer
for 15 dollars

Sorry that this response can not be free

"Rick" <rick.thewriter.uhave2removethisbittoreply@virgin.net> wrote in
message news:3Jmsd.152$8v3.138@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...

> hi
> ive just aqquired a new PB laptop - i was wondering if at some point in
> the
> future i was to change the hard drive, or were to accidentally delete
> essential system files on the main c: drive (which is the only one
> accessable to me) whether the restore factory settings would work?
> where are the files kept? is it a protected partition on the HD or are
> they
> hard-wired into the motherboard these days?
> it hints in the manual that the disk may be formatted, but what would
> happen
> if i were to delete the primary dos partition? would the factory restore
> work then?
>
> any comments appreciated

"metronid" <metronid@comcast.net> wrote in message
<snip>
> Mine of course is not officially licensed but is kind of like shareware
> I can get you a legally licensed copy for 15 dollars of another programmer
> for 15 dollars
>

> Sorry that this response can not be free

Sometimes it is better to pay for good service than to receive the
"free"..Just a thought.
Your assistance here over the years has been wonderful, a credit to the
group.

Elector

TRENDING THREADS