TECH: Trough kicking ball out too hard

Ay guys

Im babysitting a "stuffed" pin, a Getaway. The problem is that the
ball is getting kicked so hard, its bouncing back into the through.
This wasnt a major problem till i lost a couple balls while in free
ride. Is there some kind of adjustment or can i go with a weaker coil ?
TIA

John
jdubbbs

Right coil is installed, assembly is tight to the pf, mounting bracket
assembly seems sloppy, part # a-8268. This is the little bracket with
the shaft that goes thru the spring plate and the eject cam assembly,
and it locked on with a washer and snap ring.

I do think i found the problem , the danm washer is gone. Thanks
guys... that helped

John
jdubbbs

something else to try is to check the trough itself. I had a problem
once where the balls were bouncing back and found that the metal rails
of the trough itself had too shallow of a peak. What I am referring to
is the peak that exists in the metal rails of the trough. Once the
coil kicks the ball over the peak it rolls into the plunger lane and
stays. If the peak has flattened out the balls will roll back to the
kicker lane.

Could be a combination of issues to check...

Good luck!

Adi

Mechanical problem. You need to twist and play with the mechanical arm
kicking the balls out on the coil. It is also possible that the coil has
been replaced with the stronger one, check your manual. I believe (don't
quote me!) 23-800 should be there.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ay guys
>
> Im babysitting a "stuffed" pin, a Getaway. The problem is that the
> ball is getting kicked so hard, its bouncing back into the through.
> This wasnt a major problem till i lost a couple balls while in free
> ride. Is there some kind of adjustment or can i go with a weaker coil ?
> TIA
>
> John
> jdubbbs

try bending the arm that kick the ball out. Just a little bend. Worked great
on my T2.