Sign in with
Your question

Samsung XL2370

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 13, 2010 12:28:57 PM

Hey guys. I want to buy a monitor for gaming / movies mainly so I read some reviews and opinions and so far my top choice would be the XL2370.

I also considered the newer PX2370 but since there is practically no difference in actual performance plus I prefer the design on the XL I don't think it's worth the extra money.

At first I was aiming for a 24" but there isn't much difference in size to a 23" plus the XL2370 does 1920x1080 so no problems there.

I would like to hear some feedback about the XL2370 and if it is infact a good buy price/quality or if there are any better alternatives for a similar price. My budget can go a bit higher but I don't want to waste much more money on a monitor right now, so it's limited to around 275 euro which is the price of the XL here in my country ( Portugal ) .

I appreciate any help I can get so I thank you in advance for any replies.

Best regards,
Dave

More about : samsung xl2370

August 15, 2010 11:41:03 AM

bump
a b C Monitor
August 15, 2010 10:00:23 PM

There are lower priced options available but you might not like them on the design front (BenQ V2410T).. Anyway, you wont be going wrong with that samsung monitor..
Related resources
August 16, 2010 6:15:11 PM

I've been looking into the LED monitors, mainly for whites and blacks saturation etc. I noticed that the Viewsonic one is Amazon's #1 and it boasts a higher contrast and dynamic contrast ratio (please note this is only a 21.5" I think it was) And that thing was only like 200$ american.
I am currently using a 22" viewsonic, and its really a nice monitor, even though its at least several years old.

So far I have purchases the Asus 25.5"VW266, and the Samsung 27"P2770H. I had to return both monitors. The Asus, because the color was just downright ugly compared to my current monitor. The Samsung, because it was just too dang bright. Note the Samsung color was much better, but being a TN panel when I turned the brightness down enough to where it wouldn't make my eyes burn after several hours of use, the lights and darks got too washed out..

I too have been considering a LED monitor in the near future. I am more of a picture snob than I ever realized. I need something that looks at least as good as this 4+ year old Viewsonic to make the switch.

In all honesty I might be a IPS guy, but im also a tightwad and don't want to spend 500$ on a IPS panel that may be slow in my FPS games. I want my cake and eat it too.. I hope a LED panel can do it.

Last note - If you do go with the samsung, I heard the XL2370-1 is slightly improved model over the XL2370... Its just a newer version - look into it. At any rate could you post your findings back here once you decide on a monitor to buy?

August 16, 2010 7:44:31 PM

Yes I have seen some info on the XL2370-1 but I'm afraid the one at stores here in my country is still the first version of the XL2370.
About performance will it really make much of a difference to use a LED backlit monitor like the XL2730? It uses the same TN panel as other options like the p2370h/p2470h. I've read some reviews comparing it to other non-led backlit monitors and it's about the same on the exception that it doesn't weigh as much, it's thinner and consumes less energy since the lighting source is LED, nothing else.

Well right now my options would be between the XL2370 non improved version, the P2370H and the P2470HD since I can't find the P2470H in stores where I live.
It's really hard to make a choice because I have been comparing both monitors in reviews and tests and it turns out the P2370H is the most accurate comparing to the P2470HD or even the XL2370.
On the tests/reviews I have read they say that the LED lighting of the XL2370 making it thinner made the color reproduction a bit worse.

I really haven't got a clue on what I will choose as of now... :??: 
a b C Monitor
August 16, 2010 8:38:32 PM

Consider the LG M2362D as a viable option..
August 16, 2010 8:50:06 PM

Thank you for the suggestion but I'm not looking for a TV monitor, since I already have my 32" sony bravia in my bedroom.
Earlier I said I was considering the P2470HD only because I couldn't find the P2470H, without the TV.
If my only option was to get a TV monitor though, I would rather go for 24".
August 17, 2010 9:02:30 AM

Don't know about the LED honestly.. I hear mixed things. I hear the black / white levels are not near as washed out as a TN panel. And I might be mistaken, but I thought that was a TFT?

As far as the LED goes... You tell me once you buy it ;) 

I bought the P2770H samsung 27" and it was big and beautiful, but it about blinded me and really made my eyes burn after a couple hours... I really like the picture and colors better than any TN panel I have seen though - wish it didn't hurt my eyes I would still own it.

I might have to break down and buy a IPS panel, since lately I play RTS games mostly.. But I do love a good FPS now and again - thats where it really hurts. Spend 500$ on a ghosting screen...

As I already said.. I am gonna be patient as possible, and hope that the next gen LED has a super good picture, contrast, and doesn't burn my eyes out of their sockets.
August 17, 2010 9:04:46 AM

And yea I have heard that LED is not as good as IPS, IPS is king when it comes to picture and color quality.. BUT its the slowest response time too.

As far as LED VS TN? Im not sure, it seems from the reviews and advertisements I have read it is supposed to be better than TN, but the newer model TN panels have much better color than the older ones.
August 17, 2010 9:44:14 AM

Yea actually from reviews I could tell that the P2770HD is alot worse than its predecessors (P2370,P2470,etc) in color accuracy.

Also LED can't be compared to TN because LED isn't a panel type.
The main LCD panel types nowadays are TN, PVA/MVA and IPS.

LED and CCFL are the 2 main back lighting types on those panels, so the fact that it is LED backlit won't improve the monitors color reproduction, although it will have better contrast / brighter colors than a monitor with CCFL.
Basically that's the only "performance" advantage the LED backlighting has over the CCFL backlighting.
!