Windows 7 Off-Line Update Method Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Hello again Gents,

I have Windows 7 Home - 64 bit installed on my off-line rig on a few different drives and was wondering how I would go about getting some periodical updates from time to time?

I have never had this rig on-line and would really prefer to keep it that way.

Having written that, obviously Microsoft is not able to read where the rig is at & what updates may be next for it.

Any advice?

Thanks Buds,

Jim

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
I believe that you can independently download and install service packs at your leisure.

As far as patches go, most of them are security based and meant to protect users connected to the net. I wouldn't worry about them much.

Other updates can probably be found individually on Microsoft's site and downloaded one by one. However, if your rig is not connected to any network that might compromise it's security, that it falls under the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

To get Windows updates you have to go online and run the Windows update option. Obviously you have a pirated copy of Windows and that's why you don't want Microsoft to know about your computer but the only way to get Windows updates is to go online.

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
...Obviously you have a pirated copy of Windows and that's why you don't want Microsoft to know about your computer but the only way to get Windows updates is to go online...

Gee inzone - is it always your auto-response to falsely accuse someone of something like being a thief, without any facts, merit or evidence whatsoever?

In your limited mentality, have you even consider that there may be at least one other reason for things?

Talk about 'Obvious'. In your case obviously not!

I could show you the receipt for my 'non-pirated' copy if it would help, but would that earn an apology from you?

I doubt it.

I've dealt with your 'kindergarten education level' type of personality before, so it would be nothing short of a waste of my time.

And you're an 'expert' are you? - boy, that's a laugh!

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
But thank you to the rest of the level headed, responsible, intelligent others who have offered their assistance WITHOUT jumping to incorrect, unfair assumptions that say more about you than they ever would about me.

YOUR help is much appreciated!

Shame that there are 'voluntary retards' here that are clearly mistakenly labelled as 'experts'

I notice that you did not give that one other reason for not wanting Microsoft to know about your computer. What you posted and the way you posted it led me to believe it is a pirated copy. Did you think of that while you were trying to discredit my post and insult my intelligence. Most of the Windows updates are security patches so if you don't go online you don't have to worry about security holes.
There are a never ending amount of post here on this site with people trying to get activation codes passwords and questions on how to unlock various devices that they say was accidently locked and they forgot the password.

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
...Actually if you don't put the computer online it is a lot harder to get a virus...

Exactly - Thank you ahnilated!

Not that it matters, or that I owe anybody an explanation at all, but for the record, this is exactly why not to have my computer on-line.

Many of us 'non-experts' are now doing the same with our very expensive, time consuming programs, who are within the groups that I belong to.

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

inzone -what grade are you in???

I don't owe you any explanations, nor do I have to answer to you, other than by choice.

And intelligence?

You haven't shown any intelligence here.

You've shown a lot of other things though!

Probably more than you even realize!

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
inzone wrote:...There are a never ending amount of post here on this site with people trying to get activation codes passwords and questions on how to unlock various devices that they say was accidently locked and they forgot the password...

And by the way it's,"There is a never ending..." - not "There are a never ending...".

Ouch!! Somewhat of an 'embarrassing slip up' from a 'so-called-intelligent expert'.

But anyway - Is that me? Is that what I've mentioned or even asked for?

Tell you what 'no-zone' - I'll scan & post my receipt of my 'non-pirated OS' & even my legitimate activation code, IF and only IF you promise 2 things right here & now:

1. You admit how wrong, unfair and falsely accusatory you are;
2. You promise to get off the potty & apologize to me & the others here immediately afterwards.

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Thank you 'The Great Randini'. I've never heard of that before.

I'll check it out.

Also thank you all for your valuable contributions.

Contrary to the believe of at least one, I have thousands of dollars invested in programs & hardware, which includes hundreds of programs, and I can assure all of you - [those who actually matter, that is] - that not one of them is a 'pirated' or 'cracked' version, program or OS & I'm quite prepared to show proof of it, as well.

I came here for assistance, not to be falsely accused, or unfairly treated like a criminal, and if I was one of the Moderators here, I know exactly what I'd be working on right this minute, with that terrible display of ignorance, and lack of discipline & self-control, etc.

But I thank you all again for your help.

Jim

Hi :)

Although I appreciate your point about being falsely accused (although I have not seen that scan you promised yet ?)

You must look at this from the other side, we get HUNDREDS of posts asking for free keys every month, or with obviously illegal copies of various versions of Windows (usually 7 Ultimate) and its easy to see how you got caught in the bunch as it were...

That Expert has helped Thousands of people and you 116....I think you are being a little precious to be honest....

All the best Brett :)

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Hi Brett,

Well I can certainly appreciate that.

If you recall correctly, the scan & posting of my receipt had conditions applied to it that have not been met, not that I thought they ever would be, mind you.

Although willing, it would require me accessing, un-boxing & going through several piles of receipts that would take quite some time - certainly something I wasn't planning on doing today, or ever for that matter.

If fact, to me, here's the question of the day: Where's the missing benefit of the doubt towards me here?

How does his claim about insulting his so-called 'intelligence', [which he has shown anything but], automatically trump mine or anyone else's credibility, including our right to fair play & equal treatment?

Is it just because one or more here suffer from 'premature ejaculation' in the accusation department?

And should it be really necessary for me to alter my plans today and spend hours digging up something that will most likely be largely ignored and/or discredited somehow after all that effort anyway?

I've already passed the necessary requirements to join this site last year.

I was not aware that things had changed since then - that I would be put under scrutiny and considered 'guilty until proven innocent' simply by posting some questions for help.

What others have or have not done, is not necessarily what I do or have done.

And as anticipated, it's otherwise awfully quiet in the 'inzone' now, isn't it?

Hmmm... that's curious!

Some may have been helped by him, but as you have read, that is not what I've received - in fact quite the opposite.

And I think my point has been more than made - and much better & stronger than any of his.

It's really no surprise that nothing has come back from the 'zone', since truth & willingness to offer proof usually stops people dead in their tracks and usually shuts them up right away as well, as in the case at hand.

But again, my promise was conditional to terms not yet met.

Thank you for your input Brett, but it does seem that this Site has suffered some serious losses of integrity & moral balance since I was here last year.

Shame for the degradation - and that some are very comfortable with it!

Jim

Hi Jim :)

I appreciate all your points above, but we seriously DO get hundreds of illegal windows questions a month :(

I apologise for how you have taken it, having said that, you still have not proven it is legal.....and its not conditional on "your" conditions , its down to Toms rules...

And we hear hundreds of every type of excuses about why posters are asking about illegal stuff here, and as Toms rules say that we CANNOT and SHOULD NOT help anyone on illegal questions, it gets difficult sometimes...

As an example, we sometimes get questions about hacking passwords (again against Toms rules) and the questioner is the relative of a son or daughter etc of someone who has died... :(

Most of us are perfectly capable of removing a password , or finding it, or pointing the relative in the right direction... but we cannot...:(

Rules are rules and to post here we HAVE to obey them....

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts