Problem gaming with wireless keyboard

Hello --

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this question -- I could
find no NG devoted to hardware.

I just bought a wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse, and have noticed that
when I hold down certain keys for more than a few seconds (like, say, playing
Half Life 2 and pressing Ctrl to crouch for cover behind something), that
button will stop responding (making me stand up and get shot in the head). I
imagine this is probably built in to the keyboard as a sort of power-saving
feature, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to turn it off.

If that's not an option, does anyone happen to know if there is any
manufacturer that makes a *wired* keyboard similar in design to the Microsoft
Wireless Keyboard, *Comfort Edition*?

Any advice and/or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

--LB

The hardware group for MS products is microsoft.public.mshardware.product.

I too had this problem, and I think it's more of a communication issue
than a power saving one, since it doesn't always happen, and sometimes
it's very severe, so might have to do with interference. However, I
couldn't pinpoint the cause. That's the main reason I stopped playing
UT2003 altogether and haven't played any shooter since. Trying to play
HL2 now, and I'm still getting such problems occasionally, but it's
less of an issue for a single player game.

Don't know about similar wired keyboards.

Eyal