HDMI hookups, sound issue with dvd player only

Hello,
I have a HDMI hookup from cable box to to, it works fine. I have another HDMI hooked up from DVD player to TV I get picture but no sound. Before we moved I think it used to be hooked up through a receiver. I don't want nor do I know how to hook it up that way. Is there some special program to get the sound to work with out the receiver on the DVD/TV hookup?? Any help would be appreciated.' It's a Panasonic TV & Player
5 answers Last reply
More about hdmi hookups sound issue player only
  1. As long as you have the correct HDMI input selected in your television Input menu, everything should work. Try reseating the HDMI cable, and in addition, try a different input. The only other setting i could think of, would be if the audio is set to PCM, or Optical out only. Though, i don't think this should matter, as HDMI is capable of passing everything to the TV.
  2. Are you talking about the setting of the dvd player and if so how would I check that. Like I said I get picture but no sound. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  3. jcoultas98 said:
    As long as you have the correct HDMI input selected in your television Input menu, everything should work. Try reseating the HDMI cable, and in addition, try a different input. The only other setting i could think of, would be if the audio is set to PCM, or Optical out only. Though, i don't think this should matter, as HDMI is capable of passing everything to the TV.
  4. It would be in the audio menu of the DVD player. I am not sure if this is the actual issue, but its worth a shot.
  5. I will try to find it again on the player. I appreciate your help! Have a great day!
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV TV DVD Players HDMI Home Theatre