• HDTV
  • TV
  • DVD Players
  • HDMI
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
May 2, 2012 6:35:20 PM

Hello,
I have a HDMI hookup from cable box to to, it works fine. I have another HDMI hooked up from DVD player to TV I get picture but no sound. Before we moved I think it used to be hooked up through a receiver. I don't want nor do I know how to hook it up that way. Is there some special program to get the sound to work with out the receiver on the DVD/TV hookup?? Any help would be appreciated.' It's a Panasonic TV & Player

More about : hdmi hookups sound issue dvd player

a b x TV
May 2, 2012 7:23:18 PM

As long as you have the correct HDMI input selected in your television Input menu, everything should work. Try reseating the HDMI cable, and in addition, try a different input. The only other setting i could think of, would be if the audio is set to PCM, or Optical out only. Though, i don't think this should matter, as HDMI is capable of passing everything to the TV.
m
l
May 2, 2012 8:17:45 PM

Are you talking about the setting of the dvd player and if so how would I check that. Like I said I get picture but no sound. Any help is greatly appreciated!
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2012 8:18:56 PM

jcoultas98 said:
As long as you have the correct HDMI input selected in your television Input menu, everything should work. Try reseating the HDMI cable, and in addition, try a different input. The only other setting i could think of, would be if the audio is set to PCM, or Optical out only. Though, i don't think this should matter, as HDMI is capable of passing everything to the TV.

m
l
a b x TV
May 2, 2012 8:21:20 PM

It would be in the audio menu of the DVD player. I am not sure if this is the actual issue, but its worth a shot.
m
l
May 2, 2012 8:43:42 PM

I will try to find it again on the player. I appreciate your help! Have a great day!
m
l
!