Outlook Express "Main Identity"

What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created five
other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about outlook express main identity

    Good info on identities here:

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

    "Bill43" <Bill43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created
    five
    > other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank you

    It's the first profile created. You can rename it, but before I delete it
    I would check it's settings to make sure it isn't required. To manage
    Identities - Click File, Identities, Manage Identities. Highlight the
    "Main Identity" by a left-click, then the Properties button to the right
    side of the management box.

    "Bill43" <Bill43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created
    > five
    > other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank you

    Main Identity is the default used when you first open OE.

    Yes, it can be deleted (OE File > Identities > Manage identities).

    How OE Stores Your Data
    http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:
    OE General newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Bill43 wrote:
    > What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created
    > five other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank
    > you

    Hello , I have found : after selecting "Main Identity" I have the option to
    re-enter the account name for that perticular E-Mail account . Do this for
    each account and select "Main Identity" . Enter the name of that account
    again . After completing this for each account , the E-Mail program will then
    open the account name you choose which will appear in the "From bar "
    automaticaly . If you do not , click on "Main Identity" you cannot not
    re-enter the account name . Then no matter what E-Mail account you open , the
    name in the "From" bar will always display your "Primary account" name .
    KD

    "Bill43" wrote:

    > What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created five
    > other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank you

Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP