Log Off problem

August 27, 2005 11:21:15 PM

I have a WinXP Home computer that authomatically logs off to the blue
logon screen after a period of inactivity yet "Never" is selected in all
the Power Scheme Options. How can I remove this behaviour please?

Greg Hallam

More about : log problem

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 11:21:16 PM

Hi,

Two settings:

Control Panel/Display properties/Screensaver tab, uncheck the option "On
resume, password protect".
Control Panel/Power Options/Advanced tab, uncheck "prompt for password when
computer resumes from standby".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Fr. Gregory Hallam" <orthnospam@clara.net> wrote in message
news:o iv8aQzqFHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have a WinXP Home computer that authomatically logs off to the blue logon
>screen after a period of inactivity yet "Never" is selected in all the
>Power Scheme Options. How can I remove this behaviour please?
>
> Greg Hallam
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:26:31 AM

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Two settings:
>
> Control Panel/Display properties/Screensaver tab, uncheck the option "On
> resume, password protect".
> Control Panel/Power Options/Advanced tab, uncheck "prompt for password when
> computer resumes from standby".

Thanks for that Rick!

Greg Hallam
!