USB printer to Parallel on my computer

I have a new printer with a USB cable, I would like to connect it to my
parallel port on my older computer is there an adapter out there, to go from
USB to the parallel port on my computer with no USB. I have seen the
reverse cable that would go from and older printer to a newer computer, my
problem is in reveries.

> Art <artbradley@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have a new printer with a USB cable, I would like to
> connect it to my parallel port on my older computer ...

I seriously doubt that such an adaptor exists,
although the reverse (USB host to parallel device)
is common.

If your PC has a spare PCI slot, I'd suggest getting
a USB card. It might as well be a USB 2.0 card, and
you will further have the choice of getting one with
other port types on it, like FireWire (IEEE-1394).

Your best bet is probably to add a USB card to the older computer. I have not
yet seen an adapter that allows connection of a USB printer to a parallel port.
The working assumption in the industry these days is that every computer has a
USB port... Ben Myers

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 02:50:37 GMT, "Art" <artbradley@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I have a new printer with a USB cable, I would like to connect it to my
>parallel port on my older computer is there an adapter out there, to go from
>USB to the parallel port on my computer with no USB. I have seen the
>reverse cable that would go from and older printer to a newer computer, my
>problem is in reveries.

TRENDING THREADS