when using internet explorer from time to time when i open or close a web
page my active desktop and taskbar disappear and the screen goes black,then
it gradually starts to reload fully again.Can anyone tell me if they have
experienced the same problem,and if so,what is the cause of it?

This is caled the Shell ending unexpectedly. Usullay this is a result of a
"hook" into sheli32.dll that is not behaving correctly. Normally these are
BHOs or various kinds of spyware called malware. Have you installed
Microsoft's tool for spyware? This may help also:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/

--
George Hester