Question - Notebook Compaq Presrio 2104ea

Hi,

I have some questions witch concern my notebook (Intel Mobile Celeron 2ghz,
256 Mb DDR pc2100)

- is it possible to change my CPU to something faster (for example P4 -
question of overheating),

- is it possible to change RAM to PC2700 or faster? (in the notice they say
: "Use only PC2100 DDR-266-MHz or higher RAM." )

hh

As a general rule,notebooks are more problematical in regard to processor
upgrades. As for RAM, if the Specs say PC2100 or higher it means even if you
install faster RAM, it will run at 266MHz, so don't waste your money.
HH

"Mamcija" <mamcija@interia.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> I have some questions witch concern my notebook (Intel Mobile Celeron
> 2ghz, 256 Mb DDR pc2100)
>
> - is it possible to change my CPU to something faster (for example P4 -
> question of overheating),
>
> - is it possible to change RAM to PC2700 or faster? (in the notice they
> say : "Use only PC2100 DDR-266-MHz or higher RAM." )

TRENDING THREADS