Files in use

Hi

I have one folder on my hard drive where I cannot move or delete files.
I get a message saying the file is in use by another program.

Is there some way of telling which program is using the file.
I have up to date NAV, Spybot, Adaware SE and MS Antispyware Beta,
and scans of these find nothing.

thanks

Daniel
3 answers Last reply
More about files

    Use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb called Unlocker. Right click
    the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked then
    a window will appear with a list of processes
    locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
    done.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

    "Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have one folder on my hard drive where I cannot move or delete files.
    > I get a message saying the file is in use by another program.
    >
    > Is there some way of telling which program is using the file.
    > I have up to date NAV, Spybot, Adaware SE and MS Antispyware Beta,
    > and scans of these find nothing.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Daniel

    Thank you soooo much, the program ia a life saver.

    regards

    Daniel
    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb called Unlocker. Right click
    > the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked
    > then a window will appear with a list of processes
    > locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
    > done.
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

    > "Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have one folder on my hard drive where I cannot move or delete files.
    >> I get a message saying the file is in use by another program.
    >>
    >> Is there some way of telling which program is using the file.
    >> I have up to date NAV, Spybot, Adaware SE and MS Antispyware Beta,
    >> and scans of these find nothing.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> Daniel

    You're welcome.

    > Thank you soooo much, the program ia a life saver.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Daniel
    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    >> Use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb called Unlocker. Right click
    >> the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked
    >> then a window will appear with a list of processes
    >> locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
    >> done.
    >> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe
    >>
    >> --

    >> "Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have one folder on my hard drive where I cannot move or delete files.
    >>> I get a message saying the file is in use by another program.
    >>>
    >>> Is there some way of telling which program is using the file.
    >>> I have up to date NAV, Spybot, Adaware SE and MS Antispyware Beta,
    >>> and scans of these find nothing.
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>>
    >>> Daniel

Microsoft Windows XP