FS: Super Mario Bros. $700 Negotiable

Okay guys I still have the Super Mario Bros. pin for sale. I posted it
for sale a couple weeks ago for 750 and had several people interested,
but no buyer; so here it is again at 700 bucks. I have pics and a
detailed description available upon request. Thanks,
Austin

AustinMGrant@gmail.com wrote:
> Okay guys I still have the Super Mario Bros. pin for sale. I posted it
> for sale a couple weeks ago for 750 and had several people interested,
> but no buyer; so here it is again at 700 bucks. I have pics and a
> detailed description available upon request. Thanks,
> Austin

Just a suggestion - you can copy the description right here into the
post... might help generate interest. Good price on a SMB if it's not
beat to hell.

Agree. It's also one of the most favored "Guest's "
pins at my house! :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
====================================

Fred Kemper wrote:
> Agree. It's also one of the most favored "Guest's "
> pins at my house! :)
>
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8

Yeah, I think even YOU know that this is one of the truest
representations of the dreaded "guest effect."

What is the definition of the "guest effect"? Is it when guests favor
the cheaper or undesirable games, versus the expensive and special
games? Or is it when they enjoy they games that a lot of RGP members
think are "dogs"?

Wade

wadelanham@hotmail.com wrote:
> What is the definition of the "guest effect"? Is it when guests favor
> the cheaper or undesirable games, versus the expensive and special
> games? Or is it when they enjoy they games that a lot of RGP members
> think are "dogs"?
>
> Wade

One more thing Wade, $$$ has nothing to do with it. Obviously an RFM
costs more than a Sinbad, but I'd rather play the Sinbad any day of the
week.

Hey now! No beating up on wives here! Don't make me make husband
jokes! ;)
Jennifer

LOL! :D

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=============

Kenbo wrote:

> There goes Levi again, poking pin2k lovers with a stick. I think a RFM
> must have fell over and squashed his hamster.

Maybe, but I do get a lot of kids at
my house, and these guys were 'raised'
on Nintendo. Add to that I collect stuff
from the Big N.

Really not a bad game for GTB's first DMD.
No wizard mode, but does have some goals
that aren't easily reached. Strange upper
mini playfield and of course great color/
art. Bright and cheery. It is a keeper for me.

Looks very "Nintendoish" ;)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
------=-=-=-====-====-=

ldnayman wrote:
> Fred Kemper wrote:
> > Agree. It's also one of the most favored "Guest's "
> > pins at my house! :)
> >

> Yeah, I think even YOU know that this is one of the truest
> representations of the dreaded "guest effect."

>>> simply attribute it to the fact that these people don't really LIKE
pinball and don't have enough experience with pinball to appreiciate a
good game over a bad game. Of COURSE someone who never plays pinball is

going to gravitate toward an RFM (flashy but bad game) over something
like Firepower (good game). They simply don't know better. When it
comes to pins, "guests" are generally "idiots."

That's one way to look at it. I prefer to think that people just have
different tastes. It could very well be true that beginners, children,
etc. flock to certain games, or enjoy games that a pinball wizard might
not. Their favorite game might even be an RGP "dog". That doesn't
mean they are idiots, it just means they enjoy something different than
you do.

It's like cars. There are gobs of auto enthusiasts, and they all have
their favorites. It might be based on performance, price, appearances,
sound, feel, or something else. It doesn't make a Viper or a big block
Chevy or Mopar fanatic any more of an idiot than the Ferrari fanatic.
Even auto experts, guys who professional race or engineer cars, still
have different tastes about their favorites.

Wade

Kenbo wrote:

> There goes Levi again, poking pin2k lovers with a stick. I think a RFM
> must have fell over and squashed his hamster.

I sure do miss that rodent.

> It's like cars. There are gobs of auto enthusiasts, and they all have
> their favorites. It might be based on performance, price, appearances,
> sound, feel, or something else. It doesn't make a Viper or a big block
> Chevy or Mopar fanatic any more of an idiot than the Ferrari fanatic.
> Even auto experts, guys who professional race or engineer cars, still
> have different tastes about their favorites.
>
> Wade

Awesome! The "guest effect" AND the "cargument" in the same thread!
It's a two for Tueday you can enjoy WITHOUT having to hear two Rush
songs in a row!

BTW I only mean "idiot" in the pinball sense, and in the nicest
possible way.

I was disappointed with it. It looked to have potential, with all the
cool tricks and secrets in the SMB videogames, but the gameplay was
just not very fun. I did enjoy looping the ramps for a while.. left
'orbit' to upper flipper, around the back and down the green ramp,
rinse and repeat til you get bored (the shots aren't hard) .. not much
else going on though. The modes weren't very intersting; neither was
multiball.

Fred Kemper wrote:
> Maybe, but I do get a lot of kids at
> my house, and these guys were 'raised'
> on Nintendo. Add to that I collect stuff
> from the Big N.
>
> Really not a bad game for GTB's first DMD.
> No wizard mode, but does have some goals
> that aren't easily reached. Strange upper
> mini playfield and of course great color/
> art. Bright and cheery. It is a keeper for me.
>
> Looks very "Nintendoish" ;)
>
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> ------=-=-=-====-====-=
>

> ldnayman wrote:
> > Fred Kemper wrote:
> > > Agree. It's also one of the most favored "Guest's "
> > > pins at my house! :)
> > >

> > Yeah, I think even YOU know that this is one of the truest
> > representations of the dreaded "guest effect."

Oh I agree it's not deep at all, nor terribly
exciting. The best thing I've found is that it
generates _interest_ in pinball for the kids.
(Ditto RFM..)

This is a GOOD thing.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=======================

metallik wrote:
> I was disappointed with it. It looked to have potential, with all the
> cool tricks and secrets in the SMB videogames, but the gameplay was
> just not very fun. I did enjoy looping the ramps for a while.. left
> 'orbit' to upper flipper, around the back and down the green ramp,
> rinse and repeat til you get bored (the shots aren't hard) .. not much
> else going on though. The modes weren't very intersting; neither was
> multiball.

Wow, I don't think I've noticed the "cargument" on here before, and
I've been reading here for about 2 years.

Just because it's a point that's been made before doesn't make it any
less valid.

Wade

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but it sounds like the
"cargument" isn't the same as my analogy. I was just using it as an
example of how people have different tastes in what they like.

Believe it or not, there are chevette fans. :)

Wade

>Yeah, I think even YOU know that this is one of the truest
>representations of the dreaded "guest effect."

To me, the "guest effect" is when someone comes over without a lot of
preconceived notions and just plays the games that are the most fun.
To many times I go over to a collector's place and all they want to do
is talk about the 3 "barely noticeable" scuffs on their cabinet, or how
pretty their factory-second NOS playfield looks, or how they're going
to replace this or that.

Or they come to my place and can't stop talking about a dime sized wear
spot or the like.

If it works, it looks nice to a non-collector.

pinballjim at hotmail dot com

Back from work for a minute guys, The location is in Shreveport,
Louisiana.
Thanks,
austin

> Awesome! The "guest effect" AND the "cargument" in the same thread!
> It's a two for Tueday you can enjoy WITHOUT having to hear two Rush
> songs in a row!
>
> BTW I only mean "idiot" in the pinball sense, and in the nicest
> possible way.

You crack me up! :)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

I don't know about that... Waterworld fans? ;)

But I do agree, there's a perfect pin for everyone,
and opinons here run high at times.

(Yes. I'm an idiot, too...)

Fred
TX