Language Support in XP

Hi everyone;

I think, my problem may fit in this thread:

I am returning to Germany, where I will need Windows XP and Office 2003
Professional in German; to continue to work with my customers in the U.S.A.,
I will need the English setup.

Main differences:
1) screens in Windows and Office (I do course materials w/ screen shots)
2) language tools (dictionary, thesaurus, etc.)
3) keyboard drivers (I will have two wireless keyboards connected to USB)

a) Do I need seperate XP OS's or can I work with different user profiles in
Windows XP?

Any ideas?
I will have available: 2 drives (80GB+200GB), original Windows XP Home
Edition OEM version on the 200GB drive, Windows XP Home Edition (installed on
80GB drive, presently in my old computer), original MS Office 2003
Professional CD's. All software in English.

Foxhole
2 answers Last reply
More about language support

    On a separate partition or drive, you'll need to install a German "Full Version"
    of Windows XP, then install a German version of Office 2003.
    Windows XP will automatically configure a dual-boot loader which
    will provide the option to boot to the existing English version or
    the new German version of Windows XP.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Foxhole" wrote:

    | Hi everyone;
    |
    | I think, my problem may fit in this thread:
    |
    | I am returning to Germany, where I will need Windows XP and Office 2003
    | Professional in German; to continue to work with my customers in the U.S.A.,
    | I will need the English setup.
    |
    | Main differences:
    | 1) screens in Windows and Office (I do course materials w/ screen shots)
    | 2) language tools (dictionary, thesaurus, etc.)
    | 3) keyboard drivers (I will have two wireless keyboards connected to USB)
    |
    | a) Do I need seperate XP OS's or can I work with different user profiles in
    | Windows XP?
    |
    | Any ideas?
    | I will have available: 2 drives (80GB+200GB), original Windows XP Home
    | Edition OEM version on the 200GB drive, Windows XP Home Edition (installed on
    | 80GB drive, presently in my old computer), original MS Office 2003
    | Professional CD's. All software in English.
    |
    | Foxhole

    Carey

    Thank you very much.

    Foxhole

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > On a separate partition or drive, you'll need to install a German "Full Version"
    > of Windows XP, then install a German version of Office 2003.
    > Windows XP will automatically configure a dual-boot loader which
    > will provide the option to boot to the existing English version or
    > the new German version of Windows XP.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Foxhole" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi everyone;
    > |
    > | I think, my problem may fit in this thread:
    > |
    > | I am returning to Germany, where I will need Windows XP and Office 2003
    > | Professional in German; to continue to work with my customers in the U.S.A.,
    > | I will need the English setup.
    > |
    > | Main differences:
    > | 1) screens in Windows and Office (I do course materials w/ screen shots)
    > | 2) language tools (dictionary, thesaurus, etc.)
    > | 3) keyboard drivers (I will have two wireless keyboards connected to USB)
    > |
    > | a) Do I need seperate XP OS's or can I work with different user profiles in
    > | Windows XP?
    > |
    > | Any ideas?
    > | I will have available: 2 drives (80GB+200GB), original Windows XP Home
    > | Edition OEM version on the 200GB drive, Windows XP Home Edition (installed on
    > | 80GB drive, presently in my old computer), original MS Office 2003
    > | Professional CD's. All software in English.
    > |
    > | Foxhole

Support Office Windows XP