Port Forwarding for Exchange?

Hi Everybody!

I have an MN-700 here in an .org along with an Exchange 2003 SP1 server
(running on Windows 2003, 'natch - with all the available updates).
Exchange works perfectly when I place it in a "virtual DMZ" but I'm a wary
of keeping it there as this is a small satellite office (3 users) and the
server is also their DC and file server.

I've tried forwarding ports 25, 80 and 110 to the Exchange server
(192.168.1.3) but when in this configuration mail can go out but not come
in. I receive no error message from Yahoo! or Hotmail when I send an email
to the server and the messages appear to just fall into a digital black
hole.

Is there any way to just use some kind of port-forwarding to get this to
work?? I've read some guides on this from various sources via Google but
these extremely complex and were mostly for Exchange 5.5 and 2000.

Thank you,

Jim

Try looking here (which was found by Googling for "exchange ports")

http://www.techtutorials.com/tutorials/exchange/ports.shtml

It seems that you might not be port forwarding all the appropriate ports for
Exchange (and note that there might be subtle differences for Exchange 2003
too for all I know).

HTH

[You may also want to chase that aspect in a newsgroup that is dedicated to
Exchange - for example, the ones on MS's news server]

Kerry Liles