Sign in with
Your question

Lcd display problems lacie

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 17, 2010 10:17:22 AM

I am having problems turning on my Photon 20 vision 11 (Serial no-406KG04108) the display has all of a sudden gone completely black, when I press the on button there is a very faint flicker and stays black no light at all, I have tried a different port and cables both work with another monitor, (If the display is not attached to the computer a signal warning comes on in the middle of the screen before it all goes black so it is working just not staying on.)
this happened all of a sudden the display has been working fine for the last number of years and nothing has changed, please help
Thank you Andrew
August 18, 2010 7:09:14 PM

Sounds like the backlight has died.

You can try to confirm it by booting up the PC, and shine a flashlight on the part of the screen where you expect to see text or graphics. If you see what you expect to see then it is definitely the backlight.

If you can't see anything (meaning blank) then it's a more serious problem; the LCD panel is dead.

Bring it to an electronics repair shop to get it checked out and ask for an estimate cost of repair. If the LCD panel itself is damaged then you might as well look for a new monitor because the panel is the most expensive item in a LCD monitor.
August 18, 2010 7:54:55 PM

Thanks for that, I have opened the back and found that one of the surface mounted chips has blown and possibly a cap as well, have taken the power panel for someone to look at will find out more, he said I should possibly replace all the caps, will wait to find out how much he reckons it will cost.
Cheers Andrew
!