whats with norton

I have norton av 2004 when loads says there is internal error and to delete
and reinstall , done twice and no diff and symantecs lines seem to be all
down they gone under?
6 answers Last reply
More about whats norton

    Abandon Hope All Ye who enter Here ->>(Symantec/Norton).

    You've encountered a "very common" issue with Symantec/Norton.
    This is a PITA to resolve - you're going to have to get a Symantec
    tool(s) to help remove NAV and remnants.

    There are all kinds of knowledge base articles on Symantec's
    web site that help address the multitude of different errors that your
    problem may fall under. To start you'll need the error code or text
    and begin your search here:
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html

    Expect this to take some time and fair amount of aggravation. Your
    best solution is take the product back for a refund and get a "Better/
    Cheaper" A/V solution, like a 1-year free subscription to eTrust 7.0
    https://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry17c?V1=1313418&PID=&PN=1&SP=10034&SID=55939&CUR=840&CID=183867&api1=78&api2=1360

    Good Luck & backup your system just in case.

    "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have norton av 2004 when loads says there is internal error and to delete
    > and reinstall , done twice and no diff and symantecs lines seem to be all
    > down they gone under?

    This weblink is working for me. Am on dialup.
    http://www.symantec.com/index.htm

    Knowledgebase:
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav/nav_2004_tasks.html

    Reinstalling your Symantec program after a failed installation or after you
    see error messages:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2004021112313539?Open&src=sg&docid=2002072212524006&nsf=nav.nsf&view=d4578f66d8f00a0188256d4e006aaa94/73c502860bb5321088256bfe006cc8e0?opendocument&prod=norton%20antivirus&ver=2004%20for%20windows%202000/me/98&dtype=&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2004%20for%20Windows%202000/Me/98/XP&osv=&osv_lvl=

    or
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/pfdocs/2004021112313539?Open

    "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have norton av 2004 when loads says there is internal error and to
    delete
    > and reinstall , done twice and no diff and symantecs lines seem to be all
    > down they gone under?

    Deleting and re-installing is a rather drastic solution to this Norton
    problem.
    Try re-booting your machine 2 or 3 times in a row instead.
    Worked for me.

    "mickey" <e-address suppressed> wrote in

    | >I have norton av 2004 when loads says there is internal error and to
    | > delete and reinstall , done twice and no diff and symantecs lines seem
    | > to be all down they gone under?

    Sorry, forgot this bit ...
    There may have been something not quite right with their mid-week update.
    Run LiveUpdate again, even if every option is marked "Tampered".
    Then reboot 2 or 3 times.

    "mickey" <e-address suppressed> wrote in

    | >I have norton av 2004 when loads says there is internal error and to
    | > delete and reinstall , done twice and no diff and symantecs lines seem
    | > to be all down they gone under?

    mickey <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have norton av 2004 when loads says there is internal error and to delete
    >and reinstall , done twice and no diff and symantecs lines seem to be all
    >down they gone under?

    The words "Symantec" and "screwed up" are synonyms.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Thanks went to where you said and got the 1 yr trial to computer associates
    anti virus prog

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > Abandon Hope All Ye who enter Here ->>(Symantec/Norton).
    >
    > You've encountered a "very common" issue with Symantec/Norton.
    > This is a PITA to resolve - you're going to have to get a Symantec
    > tool(s) to help remove NAV and remnants.
    >
    > There are all kinds of knowledge base articles on Symantec's
    > web site that help address the multitude of different errors that your
    > problem may fall under. To start you'll need the error code or text
    > and begin your search here:
    > http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html
    >
    > Expect this to take some time and fair amount of aggravation. Your
    > best solution is take the product back for a refund and get a "Better/
    > Cheaper" A/V solution, like a 1-year free subscription to eTrust 7.0
    > https://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry17c?V1=1313418&PID=&PN=1&SP=10034&SID=55939&CUR=840&CID=183867&api1=78&api2=1360
    >
    > Good Luck & backup your system just in case.
    >
    > "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have norton av 2004 when loads says there is internal error and to delete
    > > and reinstall , done twice and no diff and symantecs lines seem to be all
    > > down they gone under?

Norton Microsoft Windows XP