when I open security center message says that it was not started or stopped
, I followed instructions to no avail , close window and restart comp

Click Start/Run/Services.msc. Double-click Security Center. Set to
Automatic. Start the service or restart comp.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I open security center message says that it was not started or
> stopped
> , I followed instructions to no avail , close window and restart comp

ok did that but window goes away before i have chance to find anything

got new virus prog found a couple virus's screwing things up