Starting Windows xp Pro

xp pro work great except when i reboot it takes a long time. Is there
something I can do to shorten the boot time.

Thanks for the help in advancve
2 answers Last reply
More about starting windows

    Without any more info like how much ram, what progs are running, etc, the
    only thing I can say that will guarantee results is to use turn on the
    machine and then hit yourself with a tazer.

    The momentary blackout will make it seem like seconds to you, but give the
    computer several minutes (depending on the charge level) to start.

    --
    Manny Borges
    MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

    The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
    -- Marty Feldman

    JIm wrote:

    > xp pro work great except when i reboot it takes a long time. Is there
    > something I can do to shorten the boot time.
    >
    > Thanks for the help in advancve

    Try some clean boot troubleshooting as a starting point:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User