  • Boot
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 27, 2005 6:06:01 PM

xp pro work great except when i reboot it takes a long time. Is there
something I can do to shorten the boot time.

Thanks for the help in advancve

More about : starting windows pro

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 9:14:28 PM

Without any more info like how much ram, what progs are running, etc, the
only thing I can say that will guarantee results is to use turn on the
machine and then hit yourself with a tazer.

The momentary blackout will make it seem like seconds to you, but give the
computer several minutes (depending on the charge level) to start.

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman
"JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> xp pro work great except when i reboot it takes a long time. Is there
> something I can do to shorten the boot time.
>
> Thanks for the help in advancve

August 27, 2005 9:42:11 PM

JIm wrote:

> xp pro work great except when i reboot it takes a long time. Is there
> something I can do to shorten the boot time.
>
> Thanks for the help in advancve

Try some clean boot troubleshooting as a starting point:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User