I want to be able to toggle the external monitor on my Fujitsu Siemens S7010
notebook from an external standard keyboard. On the notebook's keyboard this
is Fn F10, on a standard keyboard is there a key sequence that is the same
as the Function key on my notebook?

Malke

Main Account wrote:

> I want to be able to toggle the external monitor on my Fujitsu Siemens
> S7010 notebook from an external standard keyboard. On the notebook's
> keyboard this is Fn F10, on a standard keyboard is there a key
> sequence that is the same as the Function key on my notebook?

On a *standard* keyboard? No. The Function keys work because there is
special software making them work. If you buy a fancy keyboard that
comes with its own software, it may have the function you want. Some
high-end keyboards even have software that enables you to set macros.

I did a Google search for "programmable keyboards" which brought a lot
of interesting links:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=programmable+keyboards&btnG=Google+Search

Check some of them out and perhaps you'll find what you are looking for.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers