Notebook Function key on standard keyboard

I want to be able to toggle the external monitor on my Fujitsu Siemens S7010
notebook from an external standard keyboard. On the notebook's keyboard this
is Fn F10, on a standard keyboard is there a key sequence that is the same
as the Function key on my notebook?
1 answer Last reply
More about notebook function standard keyboard

    Main Account wrote:

    > I want to be able to toggle the external monitor on my Fujitsu Siemens
    > S7010 notebook from an external standard keyboard. On the notebook's
    > keyboard this is Fn F10, on a standard keyboard is there a key
    > sequence that is the same as the Function key on my notebook?

    On a *standard* keyboard? No. The Function keys work because there is
    special software making them work. If you buy a fancy keyboard that
    comes with its own software, it may have the function you want. Some
    high-end keyboards even have software that enables you to set macros.

    I did a Google search for "programmable keyboards" which brought a lot
    of interesting links:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=programmable+keyboards&btnG=Google+Search

    Check some of them out and perhaps you'll find what you are looking for.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

Keyboards Notebooks External Monitor Fujitsu Siemens Microsoft Windows XP