Sign in with
Your question

Unable to play F22 ADF with GeForce2 MX 400

Last response: in Video Games
March 23, 2002 2:11:03 PM

Recently, I have purchased an Nvidia GeForce2 MX 400 OEM card (replacing my old S3 Trio3D2X/3D Blaster Voodoo2 combo). However, F22 ADF (not TAW) does not work properly in Direct3D mode (the game does not support OpenGL, only Glide for 3dfx cards).
I have downloaded *all* the patches available for the game, and I tried to play in Glide mode using some glide wrappers such as OpenGLide and eVoodoo, but the game hangs up in the Simulator screen or in the Options screen.
I'm running Windows Me with the latest Nvidia Detonator drivers (version 28.32).

If anyone knows a workaround for this game, please let me know.

Thanks very much for your help.
March 23, 2002 4:09:06 PM

I've heard of Glidos, but I've not had the free time to check it out yet. I hear it hammers out Tomb Raider 1 under XP.

If you're looking to work around Glide under Directx, you're probably going to have a tough time.
March 25, 2002 12:59:46 PM

What do you mean it doesn't work properly in D3D? It works just fine with my Asus V7100 Geforce 2MX.

OK, so I haven't checked it with new detonator drivers, but it worked with the 6.31b drivers that came with my card.
Related resources
March 27, 2002 12:38:47 AM

You are right. Finding out a little, I realized that the problem is the sound card, not the graphics card. It seems this game has problems with Sound Blaster PCI cards, when MIDI music is enabled. If only voices and effects are enabled, then the game will work perfectly.
I have a Sound Blaster (Ensoniq) AudioPCI 128 sound card. Is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks very much for your answer.
March 27, 2002 7:53:35 AM

My game crashes into Windows if the music is on. So I've turned it off also.

I've got a Sound Blaster PCI64V-card.
April 7, 2002 10:15:54 AM

So I'm not alone in liking this game?!
After I upgraded my Trident 9750 video card to a GF2 MX400, I enabled 3D hardware acceleration (ME with 21.83 drivers)but it gave me weird lines and graphics. But the performance and graphics were always OK with software rendering with high setting so I returned back to it.
But since I've stuck to Windows 2000 only, the game doesn't work AT ALL :(  It gives a weird error and doesn't even show the login screen. If anybody can resolve this, I'd be really thankful. Also, from where can I download any of the patches for it? I want my favourite flight sim back!
April 19, 2002 5:02:20 PM

have you installed the service pack 2 for win2000? this resolves many issues with incompatibility.
April 19, 2002 5:41:45 PM

Yes of course. My system has been updated with every major or minor patch Microsoft has made available...
I think it won't run under Win2K after all :(  Any other suggestions?
!