Best Headphones for around $40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastaltuba

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
I was looking at the Razer Orcas, but if there are better ones out there, I would like to get my money's worth. I would prefer they were black, blue, red, or green, as those colors are used in my desktop pc.

Anybody that can help me?

Coastaltuba

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Well, my budget only allows $45. And since I'm using on board sound, using sennheiser will only make me cry at how badly the audio sounds. With $45, I can get a good pair of headphones for on board audio, and when I upgrade my sound card next semester, i will do the same for headphones.

Coastaltuba

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
I had those for awhile, but the cord was too short, and it constantly got snagged in my hair (long hair on a boy? IMPOSSIBLE!!! lol). I liked the sound, it was great, but I need something that is cushioned pretty much all around.

gameranew22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hmm, what about these? Pretty short chord too I think, but longer than the Koss one and over-the ear cushioned. I've tried them out and i think the cushioning and sound were pretty great for the price.

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011

there is a $20 pair of sony headphones that can be picked up at walmart, they are the larger over ear style but they are descent for $20 , maybe just as important as the headphones is what is driving them , i have seen a dedicated headphone amplifier in a crutchfield catalog , but i have never experienced one , i will say that yamaha stereo receivers have very high powered headphone output , i checked with a volt meter and got some close to 20-30 volts which would explain the tingle i was feeling as well as my hunch that nothing else had ever driven my headphones quite like this

Status
Not open for further replies.