World Cup 94 - Blowing fuses

Hello

I just acquired a World Cup 94 pin from someone locally. And the
soccer ball doesn't spin and the seller wasn't sure why or how to fix
it.

When I got the home machine, I examined underneath the playfield and I
nothiced that the soccer ball motor wasn't plug in to a small PCB
board. And when I plugged the soccer ball in and repowered, it blew a
fuse and I was unable to play the game. So I unplugged the soccer ball
motor from the PCB board and replaced the fuse and everything works
except for the spinning soccer ball.

So my question is, what is causing a fuse to be blown whenever I plug
in the soccer ball motor. Is it a faulty board or motor or both or
something completely differen?

Please advise how I can go about fixing this issue. As the game isn't
the same without the spinning soccer ball.

Thanks!!
-GG (ggkoul@REMOVEgmail.ca)

Before doing a lot of troubleshooting make sure that the fuse is the
correct rating and type.

A quick check would be to measure power to the PCB board the motor plugs
into, if that is correct, then check the PCB for shorts, then check the
motor for shorts. Depending on the votlage the motor needs, you may be able
to hook a battery close to that voltage and see if the motor even turns. LTG
:)

<ggkoul@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I just acquired a World Cup 94 pin from someone locally. And the
> soccer ball doesn't spin and the seller wasn't sure why or how to fix
> it.
>
> When I got the home machine, I examined underneath the playfield and I
> nothiced that the soccer ball motor wasn't plug in to a small PCB
> board. And when I plugged the soccer ball in and repowered, it blew a
> fuse and I was unable to play the game. So I unplugged the soccer ball
> motor from the PCB board and replaced the fuse and everything works
> except for the spinning soccer ball.
>
> So my question is, what is causing a fuse to be blown whenever I plug
> in the soccer ball motor. Is it a faulty board or motor or both or
> something completely differen?
>
> Please advise how I can go about fixing this issue. As the game isn't
> the same without the spinning soccer ball.
>
> Thanks!!
> -GG (ggkoul@REMOVEgmail.ca)

> I just acquired a World Cup 94 pin from someone locally. And the
> soccer ball doesn't spin and the seller wasn't sure why or how to fix
> it.
>
> When I got the home machine, I examined underneath the playfield and I
> nothiced that the soccer ball motor wasn't plug in to a small PCB
> board. And when I plugged the soccer ball in and repowered, it blew a
> fuse and I was unable to play the game. So I unplugged the soccer ball
> motor from the PCB board and replaced the fuse and everything works
> except for the spinning soccer ball.
>
> So my question is, what is causing a fuse to be blown whenever I plug
> in the soccer ball motor. Is it a faulty board or motor or both or
> something completely differen?
>
> Please advise how I can go about fixing this issue. As the game isn't
> the same without the spinning soccer ball.

A fuse only blows on overcurrent. So you have a situation such as a short
or overload that is causing an excessive amount of current. My guess is a
short somewhere. Start with the wires and make sure they are not pinched
somewhere.

The next suspect is either the drive controller or motor. If you have
another game that has a spinning motor, try swapping drive boards to isolate
the problem or swap motors if you can. The problem could also lie on the
power driver board, but try the other stuff first before you get too deep
into the driver board. Of course you could try swapping driver boards as
well if you wish. This all assumes you have another working WPC game that
can be used to help out.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Thanks for the prompt responses.

I have a feeling its the motor that is causing the issues. As the PCB
power board has another item plugged into it and the other item works.
So I ordered a new motor and hopefully that solves my issue.

Also, I purchased new fueses and according to the manual, the fuse is
correct.

I'll response if my motor issue didn't solve the issue.

Thanks!!