Sign in with
Your question

Help me choose the parts for a new comp.

Last response: in CPUs
September 10, 2003 10:58:34 PM

Budget:2000-ish dollars.
For:p erformace/Gaming.
Requirements:AMDs/Intels, doesn't really matter. Must be OC'able, video card, box, the works. Floppy drive is a given, perhaps good IDE cables (I don't feel like taken a exact-o knife to it, or shredding it up, so thus..) I wouldn't mind a decent looking case, none of that OEM ATX pale white crap, cases.

If I have anything else, I'll update.
I don't plan on buying till xmas, but I'm interested on what I'll buy, since prices will drop like crazy over the months, perhaps. Though it may be later or earlier, I need some input on what should be the best deal for my case (don't worry about a moniter, or anything of that sort) I would like a cooling kit, (I'm not as good as to make my own jack-rigged watercooling kit/nitrogen..)

If you do post recommendations, please post more details than say just...
(3.0 gig HT intel, GeforceFX 5900, etc etc..)
Put the maker, I would like name details on the motherboards too, since I'll be building it.
But , thank you all that post in recommendation..

More about : choose parts comp

September 10, 2003 11:27:40 PM

Wait until the AMD 64 and the new Prescotts come out. You'll be able to get something pretty nice with $2000.
-Brett
September 10, 2003 11:30:46 PM

To early to tell with new chips from Amd this month. Intel next month. New vid cards do by end of year.
September 11, 2003 3:41:26 PM

I take it then that you're definately using watercooling?

How about other factors such as the noise of the components?

<pre><A HREF="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030905" target="_new"><font color=black>People don't understand how hard being a dark god can be. - Hastur</font color=black></A></pre><p>
!