Buying new Dell without monitor?

The organic entity known as Lobster communicated the following:

> Is it possible? All the configuration options on the site seem to insist
> on it...

Yes, every Dell system can be ordered without a monitor, except laptops
ofcourse ;)

When you get to selecting the components, one of the options will be
something like "No Monitor [subtract $99]".

--
Hans

some promotional configurations (in other words, special deal pricing) do
not allow you to change all options. but you most certainly can order a
system without a monitor. just go to the main page and select the product
line (desktops for instance) and the model (4700 for instance)... rather
than picking one of the promotional configurations (which may or may not
allow for you to change the monitor option). but price out the system both
ways as you may find that it is worth getting a new monitor...

> some promotional configurations (in other words, special deal pricing) do
> not allow you to change all options. but you most certainly can order a
> system without a monitor. just go to the main page and select the product
> line (desktops for instance) and the model (4700 for instance)... rather
> than picking one of the promotional configurations (which may or may not
> allow for you to change the monitor option). but price out the system
both
> ways as you may find that it is worth getting a new monitor...
>
> "Lobster" <davidlobsterpot601@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible? All the configuration options on the site seem to insist
> > on it...
> >
> > Thanks
> > David
> >
> Christopher is definitely correct that you may find it is worth getting
the new monitor with the system as the deduction isn't usually that much.
Especially when it is an upgrade offer. Last week I recommended a Dimension
8600 system to a friend and the deduction was only $43 so she got the
monitor anyway. The same with another friend a couple months ago where the
deduction was only about $55.
Good luck

lobster

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

"LaVacheQuiRit" <i.dont.want.spam@xs4all.invalid> wrote in message
> The organic entity known as Lobster communicated the following:
>
>> Is it possible? All the configuration options on the site seem to insist
>> on it...
>
> Yes, every Dell system can be ordered without a monitor, except laptops
> ofcourse ;)
>
> When you get to selecting the components, one of the options will be
> something like "No Monitor [subtract $99]".

Ah - just checked at www.dell.com and found you're right; however it seems
to be different on my local site, www.dell.co.uk. So I'd better rephrase my
original enquiry to "Is it possible if you want to order in the UK?"!

Thanks
David

"Lobster" <davidlobsterpot601@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"LaVacheQuiRit" <i.dont.want.spam@xs4all.invalid> wrote

>> The organic entity known as Lobster communicated the following:
>>
>>> Is it possible? All the configuration options on the site seem to insist
>>> on it...
>>
>> Yes, every Dell system can be ordered without a monitor, except laptops
>> ofcourse ;)
>>
>> When you get to selecting the components, one of the options will be
>> something like "No Monitor [subtract $99]".

>Ah - just checked at www.dell.com and found you're right; however it seems
>to be different on my local site, www.dell.co.uk. So I'd better rephrase my
>original enquiry to "Is it possible if you want to order in the UK?"!

Sounds like it's time to develop your configuration off the web
site, then call the Dell/UK sales number to find out if you can
ditch the monitor from it.
--
OJ III

The organic entity known as Lobster communicated the following:

> Ah - just checked at www.dell.com and found you're right; however it
> seems to be different on my local site, www.dell.co.uk. So I'd better
> rephrase my original enquiry to "Is it possible if you want to order
> in the UK?"!

I always thought the Dell offerings throughout Europe were the same. Not
so: The french and english websites insist on a monitor whereas you can
order without one in Holland and in Germany.

I suggest you either contact Dell by phone or try ordering a system from
another european site.