Magic Eraser on Cabinet?

Howdy Group-Has anyone ever tried using the Magic Eraser to get the
"yellow" off a cabinet, and if so what were the results? Thank you in
advance for any answers.

I have used them to clean cabinets and had very good results with
removing the yellow, smoke, etc. HOWEVER, the same cautions apply as
when using them on a playfield. With all the variations of finish you
find on cabinets of different eras, bad things can happen if you overdo
it. Try a small area like on the back, or under the leg corners and
watch out for color removal. I work mostly on EM's and first generation
SS's, so I don't know how it would work on decals as used on later era
cabinets.

I do know if I overdo it I can start to take color off the cabinet. So
do be cautious.

Dale Smola

GOCATGO wrote:
> Howdy Group-Has anyone ever tried using the Magic Eraser to get the
> "yellow" off a cabinet, and if so what were the results? Thank you in
> advance for any answers.

Great tips gang...thanks! I'm strictly an "EM" guy also and have used
the Magic Eraser on playfields and know of the do's and don't's, so
I'll transfer that information on over to the cabinet.(working on a
Goldstrike cabinet that needs some touch -up) Just wanted to get some
pre-hand knowledge before even a testing catastrophe could occur. ;- )

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <1121805425.888060.325210@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"GOCATGO" <rcdollar@msn.com> wrote:

> Howdy Group-Has anyone ever tried using the Magic Eraser to get the
> "yellow" off a cabinet, and if so what were the results? Thank you in
> advance for any answers.

Great! I used Magic Eraser to clean up my Roadshow cab. White is now
white again!

Cheers
MacMan

Do not use them on decals. It will destroy the vinyl. I've had varied
results using them on painted cabinets.

As with anything, test in an inconspicuous area like on the back of the
cabinet/head.

--

Jesse

E*ght_B*ll_D*luxe, Tw*light_Z*ne, Hi_De*l,, Fl*sh_Gord*n, two Xen*ns

Pinball Magic

Enhancements, Modifications, Parts, Forum, Restoration Info.
www.PinballMagic.com
www.TZmods.com

Pinball and Arcade chat server
http://pinballmagic.sytes.net