can yall help plez`

August 27, 2005 10:04:01 PM

i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth security
on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost anything
on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up and
the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
me........

More about : yall plez

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 10:17:01 PM

Try a system restore to a time before your problems started.

Hope this helps. Post back and let us know.

Foxhole

"bridget" wrote:

> i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth security
> on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost anything
> on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up and
> the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> me........
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 12:09:11 AM

Here. ".,:!?"

Feel free to use them in your sentences.

But it seems sensible that, if everything changed upon downloading bellsouth
security, remove it and see if things get better.

"bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
>security
> on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost
> anything
> on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up
> and
> the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> me........
August 28, 2005 1:16:01 AM

the restore thing on the computer wont come up either.

"Foxhole" wrote:

> Try a system restore to a time before your problems started.
>
> Hope this helps. Post back and let us know.
>
> Foxhole
>
> "bridget" wrote:
>
> > i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth security
> > on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost anything
> > on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> > clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up and
> > the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> > me........
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:17:01 AM

u dont have to be a as* about it everybody aint perfect

"Jone Doe" wrote:

> Here. ".,:!?"
>
> Feel free to use them in your sentences.
>
> But it seems sensible that, if everything changed upon downloading bellsouth
> security, remove it and see if things get better.
>
> "bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
> >security
> > on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost
> > anything
> > on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> > clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up
> > and
> > the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> > me........

August 28, 2005 2:16:28 AM

bridget wrote:

> i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth security
> on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost anything
> on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up and
> the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> me........

This is just a guess, hard to understand your post, but try the .exe
file association fix from Doug Knox' web site:
http://www.dougknox.com/

Go to Win XP Fixes, File Association Fixes, Exe File Association Fix.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

>u dont have to be a as* about it everybody aint perfect

It is irritating. I absolutely loath people who write the way you do.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 4:37:01 AM

I can make no sense out of your post. Sentences with punctuation and spaces
would make it a lot easier to read, and you just may get more responses to
your question.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
>security
> on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost
> anything
> on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up
> and
> the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> me........
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:48:57 AM

bridget wrote:

> i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
> security on my computer after that the next day every time i click on
> almost anything on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says
> the name of what i clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded
> on it.it want come up and the windows xp disk i dont know where its
> at.so can somebody please help me........

A message like yours, devoid of punctuation, capitalization, etc., is
extremely hard to read. Many people, including me, just bypass messages like
this, because it's not worth the effort to try to decipher them.

If your friends like to get messages like this from you, do whatever you
want. But if you're looking for help in a public newsgroup, you do yourself
a disservice writing like this. Many people who could help you won't even
read your message. I strongly recommend that you use standard English.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

This isn't a chat window.

If you can't be bothered to use punctuation and type out your words, why
should anyone bother to help you?

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman
"bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>u dont have to be a as* about it everybody aint perfect
>
> "Jone Doe" wrote:
>
>> Here. ".,:!?"
>>
>> Feel free to use them in your sentences.
>>
>> But it seems sensible that, if everything changed upon downloading
>> bellsouth
>> security, remove it and see if things get better.
>>
>> "bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
>> >security
>> > on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost
>> > anything
>> > on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
>> > clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up
>> > and
>> > the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please
>> > help
>> > me........

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:10:52 PM

Not asking for perfection, just a readable query. When it runs on with no
periods, commas, etc. it gets very hard to read, and MOST will ignore it.
Be grateful someone answered. I also gave you good advice. Did you bother
to try it?

Or are you a troll?

"bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>u dont have to be a as* about it everybody aint perfect
>
> "Jone Doe" wrote:
>
>> Here. ".,:!?"
>>
>> Feel free to use them in your sentences.
>>
>> But it seems sensible that, if everything changed upon downloading
>> bellsouth
>> security, remove it and see if things get better.
>>
>> "bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
>> >security
>> > on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost
>> > anything
>> > on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
>> > clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up
>> > and
>> > the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please
>> > help
>> > me........

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:43:02 PM

Bridget
Why don't you ask your question following all the good advice that has been
posted ?
Do you want anyone to help you or not ?

Foxhole

"bridget" wrote:

> i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth security
> on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost anything
> on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up and
> the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> me........
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 4:30:14 PM

"bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>u dont have to be a as* about it everybody aint perfect

The purpose of writing messages and posting them to these newsgroups
is so that others will read them, understand them, and reply with the
advice or assistance that you are looking for.

If your message is poorly written for any reason, including lack of
proper sentence and paragraph structure, poor spelling, and improper
capitalization then this makes the message harder to read and
understand. Many people, myself included, will often just ignore
these poorly written messages and move on to another message that is
much easier to comprehend.

So if there is an as* involved in this matter I suggest that you look
in the mirror to see who that might be, because it is you who is doing
yourself a disservice by deliberately choosing to alienate the very
people you are looking to for help.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 6:15:03 PM

Thank you for the help.

"Foxhole" wrote:

> Try a system restore to a time before your problems started.
>
> Hope this helps. Post back and let us know.
>
> Foxhole
>
> "bridget" wrote:
>
> > i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth security
> > on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost anything
> > on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> > clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up and
> > the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
> > me........
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 6:33:54 PM

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 27 August 2005 09:37 pm, Richard Urban
[MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I can make no sense out of your post. Sentences with punctuation and
> spaces would make it a lot easier to read, and you just may get more

Go easy on her Richard. English might not be her native language. By her
sentence structure I'd think it isn't.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

"-rwxrw-r--" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
> begin trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 27 August 2005 09:37 pm, Richard Urban
> [MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
> > I can make no sense out of your post. Sentences with punctuation and
> > spaces would make it a lot easier to read, and you just may get more
> >

> Go easy on her Richard. English might not be her native language. By her
> sentence structure I'd think it isn't.

Pretty unlikely, this is just how the Gen-Y bozos "communicate"
with each other, arrogantly expecting the rest of the world to
drop to their lowest common denominator...

in their world, learning proper sentence structure doesn't
get you the big bucks and is hard work, so why bother?

> --
> Have you been MicroShafted today?
> To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
> To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:32:36 PM

It would be nice if you could write your question so we can actually read
and understand it. Use proper punctuation & spelling - it's just
netiquette.

"bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>u dont have to be a as* about it everybody aint perfect
>
> "Jone Doe" wrote:
>
>> Here. ".,:!?"
>>
>> Feel free to use them in your sentences.
>>
>> But it seems sensible that, if everything changed upon downloading
>> bellsouth
>> security, remove it and see if things get better.
>>
>> "bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
>> >security
>> > on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost
>> > anything
>> > on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
>> > clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up
>> > and
>> > the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please
>> > help
>> > me........

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:35:20 PM

For the benefit of those who don't know, what is "Bellsouth Security"?

What is being blocked? Your ability to browse the internet, or use certain
programs?

"bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have windows xp hpme edition.the other day i downloaded bellsouth
>security
> on my computer after that the next day every time i click on almost
> anything
> on it a thing pops up say can not find and its says the name of what i
> clicked on.like mostly it the things i downloaded on it.it want come up
> and
> the windows xp disk i dont know where its at.so can somebody please help
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 1:48:55 AM

It irritates me that someone thinks the name of a animal needs to be bleeped.

!