Rubber kits...Expensive?

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just quickly, I have 6 games I'm working on (in various states of
readiness) right now (and 2 more coming in) that are gonna need rings.

Now, the game specific kits I have bought are nice and all, but are
they a lot more expensive than just to have a bunch of every ring
laying around? I mean, buying rings in bulk seems smart. But where? How
many kinds are there? Bulk qty. is 100? 144?

I don't mind an initial investment. I have no fear of not using them.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.
OldSchool

The kits are nice if your are doing one or two, and I use them when I do
shop outs for the private sector. For my route, I stock bulk quantities of
rubbers, I get them from happ controls. You can go to thier website and it
explanes quantity breaks. Hope this helps

Greg
"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> Just quickly, I have 6 games I'm working on (in various states of
> readiness) right now (and 2 more coming in) that are gonna need rings.
>
> Now, the game specific kits I have bought are nice and all, but are
> they a lot more expensive than just to have a bunch of every ring
> laying around? I mean, buying rings in bulk seems smart. But where? How
> many kinds are there? Bulk qty. is 100? 144?
>
> I don't mind an initial investment. I have no fear of not using them.
>
> Thanks in advance for any wisdom.
> OldSchool

Adi

Form more than one or 2 machines, bulk makes perfect sense.
www.pinballlife.com is good, so is Bay Area, Penn-Ray and Steve Young.
usually every manual will list quantities and sizes. Most common ones are
mini post rubbers, plastic posts, 2 inch slingshot rubbers etc... get an
assortment of whatever size you will need, eventually you will use them all.
Unused ones should be in a sealed Ziploc bag to protect them from drying out
and becoming brittle.

Any of the above places you buy them will be of the sealed variety from
sitting on the shelves so much and all those baggies will have a "unique"
sealed rubber smell. Best of luck.

Adi
www.txpinball.com