  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 19, 2005 8:32:00 PM

Turn the launch handle and the ball goes about a quarter the way up the
ramp. I put in a new coil (the correct one) with new diode and still
dud. I replaced Q2 (I think is was TIP122) and same result. What else
is there that is causing the auto-launch to act like a dud? Please help!

More about : tech apolloe auto launch dud

July 19, 2005 8:43:10 PM

I do have about 70 volts at both terminals.
July 19, 2005 8:43:55 PM

Oops, it's Alollo.
I do have about 70 volts at both terminals.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:51:23 PM

I suppose you replaced the coil sleeve too check by moving it with your
hand that the plunger mech moves freely and it's not too wobbly. Also
check if the game is in the right angle. I'm not too good at data
east/sega electronics but if 70 volts is present and the coil fires
there should be no other possibility of electronic fault (since you
replaced it's main transistor) except maybe the pre driver of the
coil's transistor.
July 19, 2005 9:17:41 PM

New coil and new sleeve. Everything moves freely. Angle is good. I know
the tranister has a pre-driver but not sure what it looks like, where
it is or part number for a new one.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 11:48:25 PM

Is the plunger the right one/length? How about PF angle? Side to side
level? The angles shouldn't do this but worth a look. The plunger
length would kill it for sure. How about setting... is there a "coil
strength" setting? If so that could be it. On mine with everything
per the manual (IIRC), the ball almost shot off the playfield. I'd
check coil/plunger length

CK
July 20, 2005 1:14:13 AM

A13 was the first Whitestar game. Q2 should be a mos-fet. Tip122 are
used on that board for low power (flashlamps).
July 20, 2005 12:03:24 PM

Did I screw up on Q2? What is a mos-fet? Is it a part number?
July 20, 2005 7:16:38 PM

Mos-Fet is a kind of transistor. www.greatplainselectronics.com should have
some for you. If the coil works fine, your problem is not the transistor. If
the transistor failed, is shorted or open, the coil would not work. I still
think it may be a mechanical problem.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

!