Sign in with
Your question

Monitor problem...?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 19, 2010 8:57:24 PM

I recently purchased this monitor from Acer:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The problem is that it doesnt display anything from the computer until it comes to the log-in screen. This means I can't access the BIOS :pfff: 
This is my second monitor, it works fine with my other monitor... Anyone know the reason behind this? I have the latest monitor driver.

Thanks

More about : monitor problem

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 19, 2010 10:47:33 PM

That's an interesting one. I'd guess that it's either unable to cope with the low resolution of the boot up or BIOS screens OR it's depending on a driver that's only loading in Windows.

I'd try the monitor with another computer and see if what happens offers a clue.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 19, 2010 11:33:54 PM

I have the same problem here on a Samsung XL2370-1. I believe the problem is due to the fact that when it boots up it searches HDMI first then ANALOG then DVI. I have mine connected via DVI and I dont see any DOS at all just pops up everytime where it says WINDOWS. Not sure what to do.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2010 5:48:52 AM

Quote:
I have the same problem here on a Samsung XL2370-1. I believe the problem is due to the fact that when it boots up it searches HDMI first then ANALOG then DVI. I have mine connected via DVI and I dont see any DOS at all just pops up everytime where it says WINDOWS. Not sure what to do.

That sounds like a better explanation than mine !
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2010 8:15:59 AM

Fihart has proposed a viable practical solution to try out.. In addition, just try out hitting the BIOS key button (generally delete button) continuously as soon as you turn on your comp.. If the BIOS screen shows up, then its a problem with monitor not coping up with the POST screen.. The problem may be caused by the type of connector also.. Try out the other input options your monitor and video card offers..
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2010 9:33:35 PM

Also try out if your monitor displays the 640 x 480 resolution when in windows..
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2010 10:43:06 PM

Well on my XL2370-1 I was able to to get into the bios by hitting delete when turning it on. My video card has 2 dvi inputs and HDMI. I think the problem with me at least mihjt be the monitors driver, which says XL2370-1(digital). The resolution i am using is 1920 x 1080...
!