I am running XP sp1
Recently windows wants to run a checkdisk on my external USB drive.
This is done every time I start windows.
Even though the checkdisk result shows no errors it wants do do it every
time on boot up.
I did a manual checkdisk ( full check) and it seemed to clear it up for a
couple of days but now it had returned to the same situation.
The disk is fairly new so I do not think there are any problems with it and
it runs fine.
Is there a way to stop this?
Thanks in advance

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

TheBFG wrote:

> I am running XP sp1
> Recently windows wants to run a checkdisk on my external USB drive.
> This is done every time I start windows.
> Even though the checkdisk result shows no errors it wants do do it every
> time on boot up.
> I did a manual checkdisk ( full check) and it seemed to clear it up for a
> couple of days but now it had returned to the same situation.
> The disk is fairly new so I do not think there are any problems with it and
> it runs fine.
> Is there a way to stop this?
> Thanks in advance

Go to Kelly's site at

Click on "C" and scroll down to
Check Disk - Disk Checking Runs Upon Boot

For some tips.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User