How did you copy? the best way to do something like this is robocopy
I couldn't use robocopy but the way I used was touted online as a 100% effective copy.
The reason I couldn't use windows apps is due to a windows corruption - this is why I made a backup in the first place.
I used dos commands in cmd.exe and after making the copy I crosschecked the amount of files on my backup with the amount of files on my C: and they corresponded to the kilobyte (as well as numerically).
Since then, I have run the sfc /scannow command and it found errors, which it fixed automatically, but I still can't find appdata
Trying to access appdata through cmd.exe is also not working.
I have also fiddled around with permissions, but nothing seems to work.