Is this version ok in Australia, retail boxed for distribu..

Hi, Recently purchased a boxed version of Windows XP Pro sp2 online. It has a
COA on top, with for distribution in us/canada only, will i have any problems
installing or activating this in australia. product number is e85-02674.

Hi,

Probably not, that restriction is most likely for the packaging (different
countries have different requirements as to how a product is packaged for
sale). The only foreseeable possible (not probable) issue would be if it's
an OEM version that is designed to install only on a specific machine.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"redugg" <redugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Recently purchased a boxed version of Windows XP Pro sp2 online. It
> has a
> COA on top, with for distribution in us/canada only, will i have any
> problems
> installing or activating this in australia. product number is e85-02674.

David

>Hi, Recently purchased a boxed version of Windows XP Pro sp2 online. It has a
>COA on top, with for distribution in us/canada only, will i have any problems
>installing or activating this in australia. product number is e85-02674.

I have sent XP Pro disks from the US to Ireland where they are even more ridiculously priced. They've worked fine and
have been activated without problems.

David

Should be OK, you may know that many in Australia have Windows XP (and
Office) purchased from Thailand and Viet Nam at prices too good to refuse
the deal. All have worked well from what I've seen. You shouldn't have any
trouble.

- Winux P