Apparently, some web design features require Java. I also understand that MS
no longer supports Java.

I am reluctant to install yet another huge program on my computer. Is there
a compelling reason to install Java? What am I missing out on? I am not into
gaming or exotic web features. Mostly surfing the web for information.

Is Java a security problem, similar to MS Active X?

Can someone provide some insight in the need for Java?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Walter R. wrote:

> Apparently, some web design features require Java. I also understand that MS
> no longer supports Java.
>
> I am reluctant to install yet another huge program on my computer. Is there
> a compelling reason to install Java? What am I missing out on? I am not into
> gaming or exotic web features. Mostly surfing the web for information.
>
> Is Java a security problem, similar to MS Active X?
>
> Can someone provide some insight in the need for Java?

Well. What problems are you having now that you think Java will solve?
Please be specific.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/