My Documents opens every time I start Win XP

August 28, 2005 4:50:40 PM

Hi,

Has anyone had a problem where My Documents (or an other folder) opens at
startup? I would like to stop this from happening.

Gerry
August 28, 2005 4:50:41 PM

Gerry Shannon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had a problem where My Documents (or an other folder) opens
> at startup? I would like to stop this from happening.

> Gerry

There are different causes (and solutions) depending on what specific
folder is opening. For My documents see this link:

Click on "M" and scroll to
My Documents Folder - Opens Upon Boot

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock,

Thanks, that did the trick for me. The second step in "load" had no entries
so I left it alone. I rebooted and My Documents did not open.

Again, thanks for lowering my frustration point.

Cheers,

Gerry
"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Gerry Shannon wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone had a problem where My Documents (or an other folder) opens at
>> startup? I would like to stop this from happening.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Gerry
>
> There are different causes (and solutions) depending on what specific
> folder is opening. For My documents see this link:
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
> Click on "M" and scroll to
> My Documents Folder - Opens Upon Boot
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

August 28, 2005 6:13:42 PM

Gerry Shannon wrote:

> Rock,
>
> Thanks, that did the trick for me. The second step in "load" had no
> entries so I left it alone. I rebooted and My Documents did not open.
>
> Again, thanks for lowering my frustration point.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gerry
> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
>
>> Gerry Shannon wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Has anyone had a problem where My Documents (or an other folder)
>>> opens at startup? I would like to stop this from happening.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Gerry
>>

>> There are different causes (and solutions) depending on what specific
>> folder is opening. For My documents see this link:
>>
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
>> Click on "M" and scroll to
>> My Documents Folder - Opens Upon Boot
>>
>> --
>> Rock
>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Great Gerry, glad it's fixed and thanks for posting back.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User