My Documents opens every time I start Win XP

Hi,

Has anyone had a problem where My Documents (or an other folder) opens at
startup? I would like to stop this from happening.

Gerry
3 answers Last reply
More about documents opens time start

    Gerry Shannon wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone had a problem where My Documents (or an other folder) opens
    > at startup? I would like to stop this from happening.

    > Gerry

    There are different causes (and solutions) depending on what specific
    folder is opening. For My documents see this link:

    Click on "M" and scroll to
    My Documents Folder - Opens Upon Boot

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Rock,

    Thanks, that did the trick for me. The second step in "load" had no entries
    so I left it alone. I rebooted and My Documents did not open.

    Again, thanks for lowering my frustration point.

    Cheers,

    Gerry

    Gerry Shannon wrote:

    > Rock,
    >
    > Thanks, that did the trick for me. The second step in "load" had no
    > entries so I left it alone. I rebooted and My Documents did not open.
    >
    > Again, thanks for lowering my frustration point.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Gerry
    > "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> Gerry Shannon wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone had a problem where My Documents (or an other folder)
    >>> opens at startup? I would like to stop this from happening.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Gerry
    >>

    >> There are different causes (and solutions) depending on what specific
    >> folder is opening. For My documents see this link:
    >>
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    >> Click on "M" and scroll to
    >> My Documents Folder - Opens Upon Boot
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rock
    >> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Great Gerry, glad it's fixed and thanks for posting back.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP