Desktop Icons lost Transparency

My son was messing with my computer and somehow he managed to get the desktop
icon backrounds to showup and there not clear anymore and i cant find out how
the heck to fix it. if anyone can help i'll appreciate it =D
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop icons lost transparency

    NM i fixed it =P lol

    "Pkill" wrote:

    > My son was messing with my computer and somehow he managed to get the desktop
    > icon backrounds to showup and there not clear anymore and i cant find out how
    > the heck to fix it. if anyone can help i'll appreciate it =D

    Goto the System Control Panel, Advanced, Performance settings, then click
    the Visual Effects tab

    Check off Use Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on the desktop

    Also in conjunction to the above setting, right click your desktop, then
    arrange icons, and make sure lock items to web desktop is not checked off

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Pkill" <Pkill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My son was messing with my computer and somehow he managed to get the
    > desktop
    > icon backrounds to showup and there not clear anymore and i cant find out
    > how
    > the heck to fix it. if anyone can help i'll appreciate it =D

Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows XP