Desktop Icons lost Transparency

August 28, 2005 2:15:01 AM

My son was messing with my computer and somehow he managed to get the desktop
icon backrounds to showup and there not clear anymore and i cant find out how
the heck to fix it. if anyone can help i'll appreciate it =D
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 2:20:02 AM

NM i fixed it =P lol

"Pkill" wrote:

> My son was messing with my computer and somehow he managed to get the desktop
> icon backrounds to showup and there not clear anymore and i cant find out how
> the heck to fix it. if anyone can help i'll appreciate it =D
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 5:20:38 AM

Goto the System Control Panel, Advanced, Performance settings, then click
the Visual Effects tab

Check off Use Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on the desktop

Also in conjunction to the above setting, right click your desktop, then
arrange icons, and make sure lock items to web desktop is not checked off

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

!