LOTR Battle for Middle Earth - PC prob.

Last response: in Video Games
December 26, 2004 2:31:01 PM

Hi,

Can anyone suggest why when i run it on an XP computer it crashes saying it
has encountered errors in the game.dat file but when i run it on another it
is ok?

Its bugged me all afternoon and my half brother is upset cause it his one of
his christmas presents.

Ta,

Rob.
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 3:54:01 AM

I'd suggest that you send a question to EA's support.

Eyal

Rob H wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest why when i run it on an XP computer it crashes saying it
> has encountered errors in the game.dat file but when i run it on another it
> is ok?
>
> Its bugged me all afternoon and my half brother is upset cause it his one of
> his christmas presents.
>
> Ta,
>
> Rob.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 4:17:06 AM

Hi Rob
Have you managed to sort this problem, we are having the same problem and EA
has yet to answer our email, my husband is driving me mad!!!!!

"Rob H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest why when i run it on an XP computer it crashes saying it
> has encountered errors in the game.dat file but when i run it on another it
> is ok?
>
> Its bugged me all afternoon and my half brother is upset cause it his one of
> his christmas presents.
>
> Ta,
>
> Rob.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 3:50:38 PM

If it runs OK on one PC but not on another I would suggest hardware or
driver problems on the one it doesn't run on.
www.coribright.com

!