LOTR Battle for Middle Earth - PC prob.

Hi,

Can anyone suggest why when i run it on an XP computer it crashes saying it
has encountered errors in the game.dat file but when i run it on another it
is ok?

Its bugged me all afternoon and my half brother is upset cause it his one of
his christmas presents.

Ta,

Rob.
3 answers Last reply
More about lotr battle middle earth prob
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    I'd suggest that you send a question to EA's support.

    Eyal

    Rob H wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone suggest why when i run it on an XP computer it crashes saying it
    > has encountered errors in the game.dat file but when i run it on another it
    > is ok?
    >
    > Its bugged me all afternoon and my half brother is upset cause it his one of
    > his christmas presents.
    >
    > Ta,
    >
    > Rob.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Rob
    Have you managed to sort this problem, we are having the same problem and EA
    has yet to answer our email, my husband is driving me mad!!!!!

    "Rob H" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone suggest why when i run it on an XP computer it crashes saying it
    > has encountered errors in the game.dat file but when i run it on another it
    > is ok?
    >
    > Its bugged me all afternoon and my half brother is upset cause it his one of
    > his christmas presents.
    >
    > Ta,
    >
    > Rob.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    If it runs OK on one PC but not on another I would suggest hardware or
    driver problems on the one it doesn't run on.
    www.coribright.com

    "Schizowife" <Schizowife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Rob
    > Have you managed to sort this problem, we are having the same problem and
    > EA
    > has yet to answer our email, my husband is driving me mad!!!!!
    >
    > "Rob H" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can anyone suggest why when i run it on an XP computer it crashes saying
    >> it
    >> has encountered errors in the game.dat file but when i run it on another
    >> it
    >> is ok?
    >>
    >> Its bugged me all afternoon and my half brother is upset cause it his one
    >> of
    >> his christmas presents.
    >>
    >> Ta,
    >>
    >> Rob.