WiFi card - any reports on how the card performs - would y..

Tags:
November 14, 2004 2:06:21 AM

http://www.sgi-extremelinux.com
The source of innovation and discoveryTM
|"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground, and....miss."
| --- Ford Prefect
| Dave Boulter
| Technology Solutions
| Director of Customer Services
| ICON
| Silicon Graphics
| Sydney Australia
|Email: dboulter@sgi.com
|Tel: +61.2.8875.9541
|Fax: +61.2.8875.9484
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 2:06:22 AM

* Dave Boulter <dboulter@sgi.com>:
> [see subject]

The card performs good, but not excellent. Problems for me are
battery life and that I can't close my piel frama case while using
it.

The good thing is, that it works together with the Palm IR keyboard.

I would buy it again, but you'll need the PowerToGo or Mobile Power
Pack to really use it.

Thomas

--
Email: thomas@jtah.de (at work: thomas@intevation.de)
http://jtah.de/

tomshardware.com reviewed it a couple of times in it's various
incarnations.
November 14, 2004 2:06:22 AM

Had to work out the HotSync via WiFi procedure with an engineer from San Jose
after going through Palm's horrible first line tech support, but I've enjoyed
having the card. Not having storage on the card is a bit of a pain, as you have
to juggle programs that will need WiFi access to your RAM, i.e. if you want to
sync AvantGo via WiFi, you have to put all of the AvantGo program in RAM...but
it really smokes right along and I don't have to even turn on my PC to have it
updated in the morning.

WyreNut

--
If you had to ~run~ for your life, how long would you live?
November 14, 2004 2:06:23 AM

On 13 Nov 2004 12:24:16 GMT, Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas@jtah.de>
wrote:

>* Dave Boulter <dboulter@sgi.com>:
>> [see subject]
>
>The card performs good, but not excellent. Problems for me are
>battery life and that I can't close my piel frama case while using
>it.
>
>The good thing is, that it works together with the Palm IR keyboard.
>
>I would buy it again, but you'll need the PowerToGo or Mobile Power
>Pack to really use it.
>
>Thomas

I'm curious about the Mobile Power Pack from Socket. Have you used it
to power your PalmOne device and if so, how many charges can you get
out of it? I've got a Zire72. Any other comments about the Mobile
Power Pack would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 1:55:23 PM

Null
An alternative is to get a 'battery extender' off ebay which runs on 4 AA
batteries. The one I bought was of good quality, cheap and does the job I
keep a supply of rechargables. It is a cheap and convenient alternative.
Mick
"null" <null@void.com> wrote in message
> On 13 Nov 2004 12:24:16 GMT, Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas@jtah.de>
> wrote:
>
> >* Dave Boulter <dboulter@sgi.com>:
> >> [see subject]
> >
> >The card performs good, but not excellent. Problems for me are
> >battery life and that I can't close my piel frama case while using
> >it.
> >
> >The good thing is, that it works together with the Palm IR keyboard.
> >
> >I would buy it again, but you'll need the PowerToGo or Mobile Power
> >Pack to really use it.
> >
> >Thomas
>
> I'm curious about the Mobile Power Pack from Socket. Have you used it
> to power your PalmOne device and if so, how many charges can you get
> out of it? I've got a Zire72. Any other comments about the Mobile
> Power Pack would be appreciated as well.
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 9:29:03 AM

* null <null@void.com>:
> On 13 Nov 2004 12:24:16 GMT, Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas@jtah.de>
> wrote:
>>I would buy it again, but you'll need the PowerToGo or Mobile Power
>>Pack to really use it.
>
> I'm curious about the Mobile Power Pack from Socket. Have you used it
> to power your PalmOne device and if so, how many charges can you get
> out of it? I've got a Zire72. Any other comments about the Mobile
> Power Pack would be appreciated as well.

No, I only know the specifications, the T3 has 900mAh and the Mobile
Power Pack has 7200mAh.

I think the PowerToGo has something around 2000mAH.

Thomas

--
Email: thomas@jtah.de (at work: thomas@intevation.de)
http://jtah.de/
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 3:25:43 PM

The subjection about the Mobile Power Pack is great :) , but does anyone
knows what is the running voltage of the Palm T3?

!