Back in April I got a Dell P-4 2.8 512k 80G HD, CD-RW DVD-ROM
with 17" flat PANEL display for $800 out the door. (Tax, shipping,
everything.) Why are the prices so high lately. Man do I feel fortunate.

JOn

>TBot Tbj@avoidingspam.com

>Back in April I got a Dell P-4 2.8 512k 80G HD, CD-RW DVD-ROM
>with 17" flat PANEL display for $800 out the door. (Tax, shipping,
>everything.) Why are the prices so high lately. Man do I feel fortunate.

Would that have been near the end of April? I bet it was.

Dell sometimes has blow-out prices at the end of their business quarters which
are January (fiscal year end), Apr, Jul, Oct. I got a killer deal on a 4600 the
last couple days of January. Essentially the same thing you got but with a 17"
CRT monitor for $540.
--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm

I bought a brand new Dell 4600 fully loaded w/o monitor on Ebay for
$470. I am pleased with this system. Dell PC's are the best. Why can't
they lower the prices of PCs?

prices have already fallen through the floor, so much so that being a
computer repair tech has lost its financial viability. Why repair a PC for
$300 when you can buy a new one for $450? Meanwhile, to directly answer
your question, Dell doesn't lower their prices because they don't have to.
They're still selling like hotcakes. Michael is in the top 20 richest men
in the world, and is the wealthiest under 40, although I think he is about
to age out of that category.