Laptop doesn't power up new wireless card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixx

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505 laptop, and it has a Intel 3945ABG wireless card in mini PCIe form in factory default. But I want to pass to wireless-n, so I bought this card: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

BCM4322 based wireless-n card, in same mini PCIe form, plugged it to my laptop. Windows 7 opened, recognized the card and installed drivers automatically, everything is rigth until this. But laptop keeps wireless card at "power off" mode, Windows's troubleshooter says the same:"Your laptops wireless ON/OFF switch is at off position, please switch it ON", but the switch is at ON all the time, and I tried both ON an OFF, no change. Wireless LED is also not lights up. It is like, laptop's BIOS restricts the wireless card.

Is there anyone who can help me, please?

Did you check the BIOS to see if the slot is enabled? You can maybe go to the wireless card maker's website and try manually installing the drivers to ensure that they are the correct ones. It may be a good idea to update your laptop's drivers from Fujisu as well. There is also a chance are that you may have been sold a crappy wireless card though.

Status
Not open for further replies.