DVD Drive (D) door won't open

August 28, 2005 3:15:03 AM

Why won't the door open on my DVD drive? After I push the button to open the
drive, the green light flashes about 10 seconds later then it quits and
nothing happens.

More about : dvd drive door open

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:20:03 AM

Did u try to open by right click on drive and select Eject, and see what
happen.

"ShaSha" wrote:

> Why won't the door open on my DVD drive? After I push the button to open the
> drive, the green light flashes about 10 seconds later then it quits and
> nothing happens.
August 28, 2005 8:10:02 AM

This has happened to me a few times. Try pressing the open button as your
computer reboots.

"Jatinder" wrote:

> Did u try to open by right click on drive and select Eject, and see what
> happen.
>
> "ShaSha" wrote:
>
> > Why won't the door open on my DVD drive? After I push the button to open the
> > drive, the green light flashes about 10 seconds later then it quits and
> > nothing happens.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 11:53:16 AM

Hi,

Reboot, push the button just as the system powers on. Does it open then?

If not, then power down and use a straightened paper clip to force it open
in the eject port (normally you will see a small hole in the front of the
drive for these purposes).

The drive may be a candidate for replacement if it does not respond properly
when the button is pushed during normal system operation, though sometimes
it can become "confused" and lock up. This is why I suggest trying to open
it when the system is restarted.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/