DVD Drive (D) door won't open

Why won't the door open on my DVD drive? After I push the button to open the
drive, the green light flashes about 10 seconds later then it quits and
nothing happens.
3 answers Last reply
More about drive door open

    Did u try to open by right click on drive and select Eject, and see what
    happen.

    "ShaSha" wrote:

    > Why won't the door open on my DVD drive? After I push the button to open the
    > drive, the green light flashes about 10 seconds later then it quits and
    > nothing happens.

    This has happened to me a few times. Try pressing the open button as your
    computer reboots.

    "Jatinder" wrote:

    > Did u try to open by right click on drive and select Eject, and see what
    > happen.
    >
    > "ShaSha" wrote:
    >
    > > Why won't the door open on my DVD drive? After I push the button to open the
    > > drive, the green light flashes about 10 seconds later then it quits and
    > > nothing happens.

    Hi,

    Reboot, push the button just as the system powers on. Does it open then?

    If not, then power down and use a straightened paper clip to force it open
    in the eject port (normally you will see a small hole in the front of the
    drive for these purposes).

    The drive may be a candidate for replacement if it does not respond properly
    when the button is pushed during normal system operation, though sometimes
    it can become "confused" and lock up. This is why I suggest trying to open
    it when the system is restarted.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ShaSha" <ShaSha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why won't the door open on my DVD drive? After I push the button to open
    > the
    > drive, the green light flashes about 10 seconds later then it quits and
    > nothing happens.

Microsoft DVD Drives Windows XP