Sign in with
Your question

Losing audio when swtching...

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 22, 2012 11:01:24 PM

Hello,

I have a PC (Windows 7 x64) with a ati radion 5750 graphics card.
My computer and my cable are connected to an LG 42" flat panel hdtv through separate HDMI ports.

If I'm using my computer and decide to switch to watching cable I simply hit a button on my remote.

NOW... If I switch back to my computer (which is still on), the sound has been disabled.

I have ALL current updates both with "Microsoft" and "ATI".

If I go to "playback devices" the section HDMI does NOT offer a "default" selection but "speakers" and "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)" do.

This issue started a month or so ago and I'm hoping someone can assist me with a remedy.

I'll provide other info if needed.

Thank you

PS: speakers and Digital Audio are disabled

More about : losing audio swtching

May 23, 2012 1:48:01 AM

Sounds like the HDMI handshake is being lost when switching between HDTV inputs. Moving off the HDMI input the PC is using is making that port inactive and the audio connection is not being restored when moving back.

If you updated your graphic card drivers since this issue began, you may want to consider rolling back to older drivers. Otherwise, I've got nothing.

Sorry.

-Wolf sends
m
l
May 23, 2012 10:23:20 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Sounds like the HDMI handshake is being lost when switching between HDTV inputs. Moving off the HDMI input the PC is using is making that port inactive and the audio connection is not being restored when moving back.

If you updated your graphic card drivers since this issue began, you may want to consider rolling back to older drivers. Otherwise, I've got nothing.

Sorry.

-Wolf sends

Based on what I've been able to find out, it does appear to be a driver issue. This did start happening just after their last driver update. Thank you for your response Wolfshadw.
m
l
!