video and sound out of sync?

i recently noticed when playing back tv recordings on ati file player from
ati tv wonder that the video was lagging behind the sound and a little
choppy--reinstalled-still lagging-tried playing other videos(not tv
recordings)-lagging--tried on wmp--lagging?--other players--lagging?---what
element do they all have in common that could cause this? anyone?--i cant
think of anything i changed from when everything was alright, (even though it
probebly is from something i did-usually is)--also tried deleteing some most
recently installed programs to no avail-- would be nice not to have to
reinstall xp 15 times or so a year--yeah right, when microsoft freezes over
1 answer Last reply
More about video sound sync

    My two cents. Once I had this problem with Windows Media Player 10. I
    adjusted my connection speed to a lower speed setting (connection speed is
    in 'Options > Performance' tab) and it corrected the problem. Also, in WMP
    10, try adjusting the 'Video Acceleration Settings' (slider is in
    Performance > Advanced tab), specifically, 'Drop frames to keep AV in sync'
    must be checked. Keep adjusting the slider under Digital video (close WMP 10
    after each adjustment).

    Drew

    "okeefe58" <okeefe58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i recently noticed when playing back tv recordings on ati file player from
    > ati tv wonder that the video was lagging behind the sound and a little
    > choppy--reinstalled-still lagging-tried playing other videos(not tv
    > recordings)-lagging--tried on wmp--lagging?--other
    > players--lagging?---what
    > element do they all have in common that could cause this? anyone?--i cant
    > think of anything i changed from when everything was alright, (even though
    > it
    > probebly is from something i did-usually is)--also tried deleteing some
    > most
    > recently installed programs to no avail-- would be nice not to have to
    > reinstall xp 15 times or so a year--yeah right, when microsoft freezes
    > over

TV Lag Video Microsoft Windows XP