video and sound out of sync?

August 28, 2005 6:39:09 AM

i recently noticed when playing back tv recordings on ati file player from
ati tv wonder that the video was lagging behind the sound and a little
choppy--reinstalled-still lagging-tried playing other videos(not tv
recordings)-lagging--tried on wmp--lagging?--other players--lagging?---what
element do they all have in common that could cause this? anyone?--i cant
think of anything i changed from when everything was alright, (even though it
probebly is from something i did-usually is)--also tried deleteing some most
recently installed programs to no avail-- would be nice not to have to
reinstall xp 15 times or so a year--yeah right, when microsoft freezes over

More about : video sound sync

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:23:43 AM

My two cents. Once I had this problem with Windows Media Player 10. I
adjusted my connection speed to a lower speed setting (connection speed is
in 'Options > Performance' tab) and it corrected the problem. Also, in WMP
10, try adjusting the 'Video Acceleration Settings' (slider is in
Performance > Advanced tab), specifically, 'Drop frames to keep AV in sync'
must be checked. Keep adjusting the slider under Digital video (close WMP 10
after each adjustment).

Drew

!