e mails that wobble and then vanish

August 28, 2005 7:03:01 AM

I have been very frustrated with my hotmail and yahoo as I write long
messages and then they wobble and vanish,never to be seen again. I have also
-- had problems with the screen wobbling so much that I can't read it. It is
doing it right now. Any ideas on what the problem might be.
penny

More about : mails wobble vanish

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:37:51 AM

Penny,

Couple things to try. I'm assuming you don't have a virus or spyware
problems.

1) right-click on desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor >

under monitor settings, make sure your refresh rate is at least 85 Hertz.

2) Update or reinstall your video drivers. (in Device Manager, expand (+)
Display Adapters > right-click your installed Video adapter and select
'uninstall'. Rebooting will reinstall the driver (update driver if it
doesn't fix problem)

Drew

"penny" <nospam@botcom> wrote in message
>I have been very frustrated with my hotmail and yahoo as I write long
> messages and then they wobble and vanish,never to be seen again. I have
> also
> -- had problems with the screen wobbling so much that I can't read it. It
> is
> doing it right now. Any ideas on what the problem might be.
> penny
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 8:31:01 PM

I'm sorry to appear so dumb,but I'm not sure how to find the desktop. Which
one is that?
August 28, 2005 9:56:02 PM

Reinstall/update the video driver to correct the issue.Visit the video
driver manufacturer's website to download and install the latest driver.
In the mean time you can reduce the hardware accelaration to correct the
issue.
Right click on blank area of desktop>Display
Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot>Hardware accelaration>Scroll
the slider from Full to None>Ok/Apply.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

penny wrote:

> I have been very frustrated with my hotmail and yahoo as I write long
> messages and then they wobble and vanish,never to be seen again. I have also
> -- had problems with the screen wobbling so much that I can't read it. It is
> doing it right now. Any ideas on what the problem might be.
> penny
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 7:45:07 PM

I am glad to report that the problem has been fixed to my great relief. It
appears that the mouse was causing all the problems and we have bought a new
optical one and now our wobble days are but a distant memory!
--
penny

"penny" wrote:

> I'm sorry to appear so dumb,but I'm not sure how to find the desktop. Which
> one is that?
September 1, 2005 2:47:28 PM

I WAS going to ask if you were a blonde nut Narrrr..

That would not be nice
!