guitarguy

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
hey sorry for posting this here, but i really need some advice.

Hey everyone. I've been saving up for a laptop and i've got 600 bucks to spend. What i'll be using it for is watching dvds, divx movies, lots of internet, and everyday stuff. I've come to a few choices. I could get a thinkpad 600E 400mhz for around 400 bucks, that will leave me with 200 bucks to upgrade my hard drive to 20 gigs and memory. It comes with a dvd/cdrw combo too wich is exactly what i want in my laptop. But i'm not sure if the 400mhz is fast enough to run dvd's and divx flawlessly. My other choice is to get the t20 pIII 700mhz with 12gigs 128mb without a dvd drive. thats goin for about 600 bucks. that means im without the dvd, but i could upgrade to it later and have no problems running them flawlessly cuz of the processor speed. it would only have a 12g HD and 128mb. So for 600 bucks i could either have a 600e 400mhz pII upgraded with 256mb ram and a 20g HD with cdrw/dvd, or i could have a 700mhz PIII with only 12g, no dvd/cdrw, and only 128 ram. wich one would be the better dicision? im thinking the 600e would be fast enough with all that ram to play my dvd's pretty well, but i would also like the comfort of having that extra 300mhz with the t20. the t20 also has a little bit more upgradability options. I dunno, im stuck? what would you pick?